Need help with our Rocket Appartamento over pressure

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
BenCour

#1: Post by BenCour »

So Last week our Rocket Appartamento started acting up.

It started by the water not being hot enough and after some reading, I have found that the high pressure switch had tripped.
I have tried re-heating the machine a few time but the switch kept tripping.
I then proceeded with a descaling.
On my last two attempts at using the machine, it's as if the high pressure doesn't work / trip anymore and the machine will "Overheat" and produce a hissing sound with the pressure gauge hitting it's max or close to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ben

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

Take a look at how your Pressostat is wired. If it is directly controlling the element, then it is likely that the contacts for the pressostat themselves are burning out and you should change its microswitch or change the whole pressostat.
Rocket Appartamento Overheating: Consensus pick for replacement pressurestat?

If it's wired to signal the Pro E.Lind box which in turn is powering the element, then it's possible that the relay on the board is burning out and should be changed (Either just the relay if you've got a steady soldering hand, or the board).
This issue, and how to change the wiring to burn the pressostat's contact's rather than the board's is discussed here:
Rocket Appartamento not heating

If you're not sure you can tell how it's wired, post a photo of the pressostat.

BenCour (original poster)

#3: Post by BenCour (original poster) replying to JRising »

Thank you JRising

My PStat was wired to the control board so I suspected the relay but to be safe, I have ordered 1 Board, 1 PSTat and one Thermostat.

I have replaced the board with a new one and converted the PStat to high voltage and started the machine.
It worked well for about 5 min (I could hear the PSTat clicking every 10 to 15 seconds, is it normal that it clicks that often ?).
I then left the machine alone for 10-15 minutes and it started whistling again and when I got back to it, the pressure gauge was past 2 PSI so I shut it down.

I'm assuming that I'm left with either an intermittent deffective PStat or a Faulty Pressure Switch / Thermostat.

My new question is, how do I go about figuring out which one is defective ?
Is there a way to test either or both the thermostats and the PStat ?

UPDATE : I have mesured 11.3 ohms between the 2 Thermostat which I believe is ok so does it leaves me with replacing the PSTat

UPDATE #2 : Machine is still hot and I read 0 resistance on the 2 PSTat switch contacts so I believe that is the issue.

UPDATE #3 : After replacing the PSTat, and letting it run for about 1 hour, everything seems back to normal thanks to this forum !

Thank you very much for your help,

Ben