Mypressi Twist exploded, literally!

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Kimiimacman

#1: Post by Kimiimacman »

For those of you that have one or more Mypressi Twist.
You should check the condition of the pot's lugs.
Two days ago, mid-extraction mine literally blew up. The force was so great that it forced the Twist down onto the cup and saucer below it that that exploded across the counter and floor.
I used to crouch down and watch the extraction, marveling at the tiger striping, glad I gave that up or I'd be blind now!
Three of the four lugs that connect with the wand shears off simultaneously, wow!
I'm therefore looking for a non-working Twist for spares I guess.

wholemilklatte

#2: Post by wholemilklatte »

yikes, more like Mypressi Explossi!

Glad you're ok.

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by samuellaw178 »

+1 Glad you're okay.

Is there any sign to look for? Did the lugs look different/worn prior to the incident, or did they look 'OK' and just break unexpectedly?

Kimiimacman (original poster)

#4: Post by Kimiimacman (original poster) replying to samuellaw178 »

TBH the only thing was in hindsight the pot did feel a bit different when put on, I took it off and wiped it in case there was any grinds on the basket lip but it didn't improve much if any. The extraction was mid way with good flow so not choked. Then BANG!

I have a MK2 as well and all looks good but I will be keeping a close eye with regular inspections from now on. I've tracked down another MK2 to replace the broken MK1 but still would like to find a replacement pot if anyone has a non working unit for spares?

Simon