Monaco Conti espresso machine renovation.

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Timjenkins

#1: Post by Timjenkins »

Hello everyone, I am new to this site although I visited about 10 years ago - I think !
I rescued an Old Monaco Coffee espresso machine from a closed down café.
I have stored this for around 10 years now, but it's time I started the renovation, back into good working condition and making
coffee's for friends. I would like to show some pictures but the Img above does not work, can anyone suggest how to insert a picture on this page.
I would like to know where can I get parts and workshop details - drawings etc.
The conti plaque - states. No. A22 85662 Can anyone tell me - How old is my machine. ?
There was a plaque on the coffee machine - Made in Monaco - serial number. But today I cannot find this, maybe I put it
in a safe place. If the serial number stamped anywhere else on the machine. ALL HELP is gratefully received. Cheers . Tim

Jake_G
Team HB

#2: Post by Jake_G »

Hi Tim and welcome to HB!

For posting images please see this helpful guide located in the read me forum:

Posting images on HB

Let us know if you have any challenges getting photos uploaded.

Here is a thread that may prove helpful for you as you work through the machine:
Conti Monaco 2 Group Restoration

And the search results showing topics with Conti and Monaco in their titles:
Search Results

I look forward to seeing photos of your renovation.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

Timjenkins (original poster)

#3: Post by Timjenkins (original poster) »

Thanks Jake,
Sorted the photo's, now on page - site.
Any idea how old my machine is, and where I can buy spare parts.?
Tim

#4: Post by Timjenkins (original poster) »

Hi There - Just about to rebuild / renovate my MONACO - Conti A22.
Looking for any workshop drawings, listing sizes - spec - and how to test paper material.

Tim

#5: Post by Timjenkins (original poster) »

Re - Model - MONACO CONTi - A22 - Does anyone have a copy of the workshop manual, or any diagramic repair information.
Happy to pay for printing and postage.
Tim

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

Tim,

Your Conti Monaco has a Prestina group, which they have been making since the 1960s. Conti has the parts and gaskets for those. Otherwise when you start the teardown you'll probably find a lot of standard fittings that you can clean up or replace. I would guess that your machine is quite simple, and I doubt it has a brain box. Most likely the heat and pressure are controlled with a standard pressurestat.

If you look in our Downloads section you'll find parts diagrams for the Prestina group as part of the Conti Prestina Schematics document. Just scroll down. Although you may not find the manual for your particular machine, that shouldn't hold you back from being able to restore and use it. My Conti Prestina restoration documented and indexed a lot of what's involved in an overhaul.

You may or may not be able to find a heating element if that needs replacement. If that's the case you can probably retrofit one.

The steam and water knobs in your Monaco look identical to those in my Conti Prestina. My machine was made in 1977, but that was determined by finding a stamp on the boiler behind the group. Here's a thread on dating Conti Prestinas that may tell you something of the detective work you might do to date your Conti machine. Since yours is a commercial unit, there may be markings on the boiler that let you establish a date. Here's a thread on that.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!