Method of fixing the pressure of the vibration pump

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
erkannhl

#1: Post by erkannhl »

hi
If you are interested, I would like to get your opinion, while I was playing around with the pump, the method I will explain below came to my mind.

The rough working principle of the solenoid pump is that the piston inside the pump is flooding with water, I realized a method that will shorten the distance it moves back and forth, and I added spacers suitable for the purpose, and thanks to these parts, I adjusted the pressure in the group head of the Arçelik espresso machine to 10bar.

In fact, I can say that I reduced the work done by the piston with my intervention. Also, there were some differences when using it, for example, there is no clogging in fine grinding as before. I think it is because the flow of water has decreased and the sound of the pump has also decreased. (The amount of water flowing from the group in 1 minute before the intervention was 375ml, now it's around 225ml), I've been using it 3 times a day for 3 weeks, and I haven't observed any change in the operation of the pump.

In these, the parts that adjust the distance show where I put it in the video I left below in 2:35 seconds

sorry i forgot to tighten the portafilter
assembly picture of parts
<< image 9l571he.jpg >>

Parts to be 3D printed
https://s7.dosya.tc/server20/apdsyv/ulk ... d.rar.html

I'm sorry for my bad english

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

I would not use printed parts in contact with food. They are not food-safe.

Is there a reason you didn't just adjust the OPV?

erkannhl (original poster)

#3: Post by erkannhl (original poster) »

Thank you i forgot to write:
The printed parts do not come into contact with the water.
positioned above the pump

ira
Team HB

#4: Post by ira »

Really clever! You could put spacers at both ends of the travel to adjust both the max flow and max pressure. And you could conceptually add a knob at one end that used a needle through the inlet to limit the piston travel and control the flow. Always nice to see people thinking way outside the box.

Ira