Mazzer mod: hopper replacement - Page 5

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
fransg (original poster)

#41: Post by fransg (original poster) »

To make your funnel fit perfectly to the 'chimney' I already had, just the tiniest sliver was taken out of the inside of the bottom so it will also still fit the HG One perfectly.

The funnel was a bit too big to be grabbed by the lathe claws Tije had, but he turned wood to fit exactly through the funnel hole and then he made the wood wet so it swelled and sat tight enough to turn with the lathe.

TomC
Team HB

#42: Post by TomC »

That looks incredible!

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
FotonDrv

#43: Post by FotonDrv »

Tije is pretty resourceful! Nice job.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

hrbrun

#44: Post by hrbrun »

espressotime wrote:Sure.
<image>
Very interesting mod. I have had the MMEB for a couple of weeks and it drives me nuts :(

I am considering cutting half of the "static grid" away to see what happens. But your way of handlig static ground looks to be functional if it both handles the statics away and enables emptying the funnel after single dosing each shot.

Has anyone tried to remove part of the static grid? Maybe cut away the two square that are highlighted in this picture?

hrbrun

#45: Post by hrbrun »

hrbrun wrote:Very interesting mod. I have had the MMEB for a couple of weeks and it drives me nuts :(

I am considering cutting half of the "static grid" away to see what happens. But your way of handlig static ground looks to be functional if it both handles the statics away and enables emptying the funnel after single dosing each shot.

Has anyone tried to remove part of the static grid? Maybe cut away the two square that are highlighted in this picture?

<image>
I did it. I cut out two squares from the grid. And it was a very good mod. :) Fluffier grounds, but no static issue. So far anyway.

FotonDrv

#46: Post by FotonDrv »

Took out the screen and made smaller aluminum funnel for the Kony-E.

It does work with RDT.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train