Marco 85-16M Practical - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
nick2000

Postby nick2000 » Apr 14, 2019, 6:17 pm

robdmngz wrote:I do not have any voltage at the flow solenoid. I also tested at the Board and I do not get voltage. The right button also doesn't work when in automatic mode.
I also removed the solenoid and tested it outside the machine and it does work when a voltage is applied. So I know its not the solenoid itself.
I took it apart and everything looks good just no voltage.

I would visually check the electronics on the board to see if something is off. With the assumption that the board is robust enough so that if something is indeed broken it would be visually obvious, I would trace the whole circuit for any connectivity issues. As in, from the button, to the closure of the solenoid circuit. More specifically ,I'd trace the connection from the solenoid to the board as the lights on the buttons work per your video. More often than not, I noticed the culprit is usually bad connections, corroded wires, or other more obvious stuff.

The far right button on the front panel doesn't work either, right? I know you said the brew buttons don't work, but wanted to confirm that specific button. It's the non programmable dispensing button. If it doesn't work either, it would confirm that it's not a programming issue.

robdmngz

Postby robdmngz » Apr 15, 2019, 5:53 pm

The button on the far right works. and the buttons all work if I have the switch in Manual mode. it's just when I switch it to automatic.

I tested the continuity with a meter and it all checks out okay.

Even when in Manual mode and the thing is brewing and coffee is coming out of the group, I still don't get voltage to that fill solenoid.

I just can't seem to find what the inputs should be on that board that triggers the voltage to that solenoid.

with the help I got from here I am able to at least brew.

The other issue is someone mentioned that my auto/manual switch is in backward, however, I have never had that off and the wires on the back are fairly short and don't allow for me to rotate. I looked for a picture but can't find one for that exact model to verify that it is backwards.

Mad Scientist

Postby Mad Scientist » Apr 15, 2019, 6:14 pm

So, when the light is green, it's NOT in automatic mode. (the programmed buttons will NOT work). It's what the operation manual calls that switch "emergency switch for deactivation of automatic coffee brewing system". So, when you flip that switch On (universal symbol "-", the top buttons work. Your video shows it working normally!

robdmngz

Postby robdmngz » Apr 16, 2019, 8:47 am

I talked to the people in the bookstore (original location) and they said the guy who serviced the machine while it was in use was "strange" and they didn't think it was a stretch to assume he must have changed it and put it in backward.

Thank you all for your help. I feel like I now have a fine working machine and its ready to be used again.

One more question. It seems to work to just have the hose going into the pump in a 5-gallon water jug. Does it need the additional pressure from a water faucet? Or can I just use it as a mobile machine on a cart?