Mahlkönig K30 not grinding - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
BaristaBoy E61

#11: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Having been down this road, I can say that the original board might be repairable - but only if you know what you're doing and can do repairs at the component level of surface mount components.

If my replacement revised circuit board ever blows, a surface mount repair of the original board is what I will attempt to bring it up the revised edition. There's a good chance that will work, with nothing to lose.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Velomane

#12: Post by Velomane »

I had a K30 do the same thing to me a couple years ago. I opened it up and reseated all the connectors that I could find. Fixed.

drgade (original poster)

#13: Post by drgade (original poster) »

I have not have time to take it apart yet.
But no beens are stuck - i have emptied the grinder. It seems like it is an error that comes and goes. I switched i on to day, and suddenly it started grinding, but only every 2 second time I pushed the activator. Now it stopped again, i can hear that the switch is activation and stopping again, at the set time interval, but the motor is not activated. So it is some what of af intermitted error, maybe relaede to the microswitch? or the power board??
Hopefully i have time this Sunday to take it apart (again...)

BaristaBoy E61

#14: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Velomane wrote:I had a K30 do the same thing to me a couple years ago. I opened it up and reseated all the connectors that I could find. Fixed.
That's the next thing you should try before purchasing expensive parts such as the power supply board.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"