Loud buzzing noise Quickmill Vetrano DE

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
brnozkm

#1: Post by brnozkm »

Hello,

i purchased a second hand Vetrano 2B DE ( Dosata )

since i bought it i was running water from the tank, there is a short and strong buzz sound generates every time i brew, it happens the second i hit the brew button for about 1 to 2 seconds then the noise will stop

also when the pump starts to fill the steam boiler , but here the noise will continue until filling is over

after plumbing the machine to a flojet+accumulator the sound got only worse, when starting to brew the generated buzz sound continues for about 5 or more seconds and the pressure gauge will play between 4 and 7 during that time until full presure kicks in.

i dont know if that is pre-infusion with direct line? Because when using water tank it will be a steady 9 bar pressure from start

here is a video which will show all the buzzing and pressure readings in both direct line and water tank mode during a backflush, and steam boiler filling.

DaveC

#2: Post by DaveC »

Sounds like pump cavitation. Could be caused by poor water flow to the inlet side of the pump. It's possible but unlikely that the pump is faulty and doesn't pick up well at first.

Giampiero

#3: Post by Giampiero »

Do you properly turn the water supply mode valve once you swap from "reservoir" to "inlet water supply" and reverse?
Maybe the internal inline water filter installed before the pump need to be replaced?

stanleyleecm

#4: Post by stanleyleecm »

Similar issue and found out it is the pump inlet screen blockage.

Quick Mill V2B loud pump

brnozkm (original poster)

#5: Post by brnozkm (original poster) »

i have really no experience in servicing these machines but i went ahead and took off the side panels to check the pump inlet screen, but there was the problem in front of me, found the hose feeding from the water line input twisted! almost blocked! i really dont know how that happened with the original owner of the machine?

rotated it back to the other side and gently squeezed the tube to get back the round shape and that solved all the noise issues :)

Thanks all for your replies.