Lelit PL62s - keeps beeping

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
gotcoffee

#1: Post by gotcoffee »

Lelit PL62s - with more than half full water in tank, turn on the machine it start beeping.

Tried juggled the tank making sure the floater not stuck at bottom, exercised the microswitch which is pressed when tank in place still doing the same thing. Need help on trouble shooting. How do I bypass the tank switch and the water empty switch to narrow down which one (or both) went bad?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

gordianknot

#2: Post by gordianknot »

Hi. I've had the same problem.

At least in my case, I believe the culprit is the second sensor wired to the microswitch, the presumably magnetic sensor that detects the float. It has no obvious moving parts, but I pulled it, cleaned it, knocked it around. The only thing I haven't done is remove the float from the tank... or simply cut this sensor out and complete the circuit, forever. This part is on page 4 of the exploded parts diagram and bears number 370005. Short of that I have no idea what its called, and the machine is a year out of warranty so nobody seems to have much concern about it. A different annoyance...

Anyway, once I put the part back everything worked and now I just leave the tank in and fill with a funnel, no problems. Using tap water and the lelit resin filters.

Advertisement
gotcoffee (original poster)

#3: Post by gotcoffee (original poster) »

Thank you so much for sharing the experience and the fix. I will try the same on that magnetic sensor/switch and see.

Update: magnetic safety switch bypassed and boiler now filling and heating up.

This safety switch has 2 thin black wire each connect to one connector tab on the micro-switch (activate/deactivate depending on water tank in or out). When the floater sink to bottom (no water/low water) it activate to complete the circuit of the two black wire. I am pulling one of the black wire off to simulate the tank always has enough water and will just manually keep eye on the water level, at least till I get the replacement parts.

gordianknot

#4: Post by gordianknot »

Excellent. Let me know if the replacement of the safety switch permanently solves the problem. I was thinking that perhaps moisture from the tank had somehow fouled the operation of that switch, over time.