Lelit PL41TQE pump replacement -> ULKA EP5/EAP5/EX5/EAX5 ?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
tyurek

#1: Post by tyurek »

Hi all,

My Lelit PL41TQE pump is working sporadically and I think it needs replacement. The current pump is an "ULKA Model E Type EP5, 1/1 min. 41W" unit. My machine is a relatively old model (120V, manufactured 27/01/2011). The current Lelit Anna line seems to be using the 52W EAP5 model pump. I also see that there are brass output versions of both the 41W and the 52W pumps, so there appear to be 4 different options. Does anyone know if all of these units are interchangeable or if there would be any brand/model specific incompatibilities? Thanks!

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by blondica73 »

Grab the EFX5 if you can. I replaced the EX5 on my Spaziale and with an EFX5 and I am very happy with the replacement. They are really good if you pull shots longer than 1 sec (it happens if you do pressure profiling). EP has plastic threads, EX has brass threads.

Advertisement
tyurek (original poster)

#3: Post by tyurek (original poster) »

Thanks a lot. EFX5 does not seem to be available anywhere online right now. I can get the plastic threaded EFP5 though. The question is, is brass more important than the "F" class insulation (e.g EFP5 vs EAX5/EX5) ? My pulls are usually about 30 secs or less, occasionally 30-40 secs. The machine gets low usage, maybe a couple of shots a day.

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by blondica73 replying to tyurek »

I bought mine from wholelattelove a few months ago. I try to stay away from plastic threads, but that's just me. EAX5/EAP5 are 1 minute on, 2 minutes off, while the EX5/EFX5/EFP5 are 1 minute on, 1 minute off (it needs less time to cool off). The vibe pump needs to cool off. Given your usage, any of the pumps work.

tyurek (original poster)

#5: Post by tyurek (original poster) »

Thanks for the info! I just got an EFX5 from wholelattelove as well. The installation was an easy swap and the new pump works great in my Lelit.