Lelit PL41QE No Longer Pulling Shots - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
waltercoots (original poster)

#11: Post by waltercoots (original poster) »

It's been a while, a lot has happened!

I wound up taking the boiler out entirely. I didn't realize it was screwed together, and thought it was just fused with coffee grime, so I used a hammer on it which got it apart but destroyed the copper boiler pipe that ran through the middle. I'm just a bull in a china shop with this thing, aren't I? Also learned how press fit connectors work... more on that momentarily.

Here's a before and after of part of the boiler. The inside had some kind of gross mold growing in it, but it's good as new after soaking in some vinegar. Miraculously I got the shower screen off, and got that stubborn screw out.

I normally order my parts from 1st Line Equipment, but they're out of a few of the parts I need, so I special ordered from the U.K. and after a few weeks the boiler pipe, screw, and screen arrived.

The screw is indeed a Torx T20. When looking through my toolbox, I found a T-15 that sort-of fit, and my bet is I screwed up the screw by using the wrong bit. So before screwing the screen back in, I took the opportunity to order myself a nice ratcheting screwdriver with hex bits.

I finally managed to get it all back together, and the good news is it's running and water's coming out! The bad news is, it's leaking out of the press connectors. Remember how I said I learned how they work? Well, I learned AFTER I went Incredible Hulk and yanked the tube out with brute force. So I suspect I screwed up the press connectors and need to replace those as well. Here's a video of what's going on. Fast-forward to about 2 minutes to see the leaks. What do you think? Did I break these as well, or is there a trick and I just haven't gotten the tube in tightly enough? Good news is they're inexpensive parts...

waltercoots (original poster)

#12: Post by waltercoots (original poster) »

Thanks for everyone's help on this! I ordered some new lines and elbow joints, assembled everything, and still had some leaks. So I used some plumbers tape and tightened everything as much as I possibly could. The leaks are now fixed, and I just had my first shot with my machine in over 2 months. Tasted great!