HELP! Lelit Mara X problem persists after new solenoid

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Nickberra

#1: Post by Nickberra »

Hi guys
Thanks so much in advance for help. I've read lots of posts re similar issues but not quite sure if mine is identical.
21/2 year old Mara's bought new. No Issues until recently. I Make 1 espresso a day. Turn machine off after use.
Regular cleaning/blind basket flushes. Use a filter.
Returned from 3 weeks holiday and filled up machine change the old,filter for a new one.
After came to temp, high pitched hiss, massive over pressure on steam gauge ( goes way past the 3bar max into the pump pressure gauge ) and no pump pressure. Pump works but water dribbles out through group registering no pressure. Water leaking out of machine onto bench and huge amount of steam when open tap which continued to come out of wand for minutes after machine turned off.
I took it to a service tech who thought it was a solenoid so changed that.
Have made 5 great coffees and then today , exact same issue.
. I'm wondering if you guys are familiar with this issue in Mara x s and if you have any advice please. Have read it could be solid state relay or steam pressure probe etc. don't understand why it would be ok for a week after a service and new solenoid and then do the same thing again.
Any help much appreciated, already cost a fair bit so far and keen to solve it! Cheers

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

That is a strange one, are the issues exactly the same as before the repair? It may be best to take it back to tech and say it's not fixed, but here's some options;

- Lelit did have issues with early Temp probes in the boiler, have a look at the temp probe on top of boiler and see if it says HT on it, they are the latest, the earlier ones had no marking. If you need to replace it, part number 9600092 . At first i thought it must be temp probe, but the confusing thing is when you say pump pressure/flow was also low. This could indicate there is an issue with boiler fill solenoid and boiler is over filling, but it may have just been because the machine had just had a major over pressure incident...

If you turn it on now, when cold, if you put a blind filter in and run the pump, does brew pressure go to 9-10 bar and hold steady?
Have you noticed wet steam or boiler isn't topping up as frequently as normal, these could also indicate boiler may be over filling.

Nickberra (original poster)

#3: Post by Nickberra (original poster) »

Thankyou so much, just tested with blind filter and it does maintain pressure. So is a temperature probe most likely - issue seems to be identical to previous, can the probe fluctuate in its function to explain why it may have worked for a little while after the solenoid change?

kitt

#4: Post by kitt »

Look, it's really hard to say without having the machine in front of me, but probe issues with over heating can definitely be intermittent. I guess it's up to you if you want to take it back to service tech, or try the probe yourself. Generally if solenoid for boiler fill was failing, you'd see brew pressure fluctuating as water was diverted to boiler instead of HX

#5: Post by Nickberra (original poster) »

Cheers thanks!

#6: Post by Nickberra (original poster) »

Hi
Installed a new temperature probe, unfortunately steam over pressure problem persists.
Anyone know if the next most likely issue is the solid state relay?
Cheers

RistrettoCapp

#7: Post by RistrettoCapp »

Following to see how this turns out we I've had similar issues with a previous machine but the probe replacement fixed it .