Lelit Elizabeth V3 - Water tap not working out of box

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
nsp9

#1: Post by nsp9 »

Hi there,

I just setup my brand new machine today. After testing out all the functions I noticed I could not get the hot water tap to work. After pressing button #3 i can hear the pump continuously (even rattling at times) but no water comes out. The animation on the LCD even shows water droplets. My water tank is full with both pipes inside. One pipe (the intake) is attached to the resin filter provided in the box.

Am i missing something here or doing something wrong? I am new to espresso and i am learning as i go.

Can someone let me know if i have a defective device or is there some obvious thing i am doing wrong.

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

So everything else works, You have verified steam boiler pressure is good? When you open the steam valve you get a strong steady blast of steam through the wand, but when you press the hot water button, nothing comes out of the hot water dispenser? You did the initial steps of set-up and confirmed that the brew boiler was filled until water was coming out of the brewhead? Remember that the in order for the steam boiler to displace hot water from the brew boiler, the brew boiler has to be full.
When you press the hot water button do you hear the click of a valve opening inside, then the clunk when it closes?

nsp9 (original poster)

#3: Post by nsp9 (original poster) »

I made a youtube video showing the issue. I waited to the boiler was full and everything was working.

JRising
Team HB

#4: Post by JRising »

I watched and re-watched the video from the 18 second mark with the speakers turned up. I am fairly certain that the only noise I hear is the physical pressing of the button and the pump starting, and No valve clunk. I am fairly certain that this video shows the machine to NOT be working properly (Boiler and Hot Water valves are not opening despite hot water function showing as active on display). You should contact the retailer and see what they'll need you to do.