Lelit Bianca - Steam Boiler Over Pressurized - Page 12

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
elkayem

#111: Post by elkayem »

slipchuck wrote:Seems like Lelit is the common thread
Has anyone tried switching out the lelit sensor for another brand?

Randy
Jim at 1st-line has stated several times on this thread and others that this is a recent issue he's been seeing on several machine brands, not just Lelit. He suspects that certain water recipes are a factor in many if not most of these cases. As you can see, it is an active issue and a definitive root cause has not been established.

Bluenoser

#112: Post by Bluenoser »

I've been reading nearly every post here for a few years an I've not heard of this issue with the brands that I own.. (Profitec/ECM). I might have missed the odd thread.. but I'd have noticed as I would want to pro-actively check my own brand for the problem. ECMs been using PIDs for over 3 years on single/HX/double and likely using the same Gicar / Temp sensor combinations.. I don't know that for sure, but Gicar seems to be the major player. And with this, there would be a host of different water recipes, everything from pure tap to Distilled + minerals and everything in between. So I would think there is something common in the brands Jim is seeing and the overheating issue. I can't even see it being corrosion on the sensor. But these types of issues can be super hard to track down.. Just like espresso you need to change one and only one variable at a time. When a sensor is taken off and cleaned you are changing the sensor.. the wiring route.. the connector contact, etc. Connectors can be a huge issue in anything electronic.. Ask anyone who's had a motorcycle.. I was forever cleaning and maintaining my turn signal indicators in an older Vulcan..

Solenoid

#113: Post by Solenoid »

Are Bianca users still experiencing this issue? Curious if a root cause has been found for this problem. I am considering the Bianca, but with my well water, I am forced to use rpavlis or bottled water. This issue is enough to make me look elsewhere, but the form factor and movable reservoir help make this machine ideal for my kitchen situation - so I struggle to find alternatives.

slybarman

#114: Post by slybarman »

A different brand might not solve the issue.

learntheharvway

#115: Post by learntheharvway »

Solenoid wrote:Are Bianca users still experiencing this issue? Curious if a root cause has been found for this problem. I am considering the Bianca, but with my well water, I am forced to use rpavlis or bottled water. This issue is enough to make me look elsewhere, but the form factor and movable reservoir help make this machine ideal for my kitchen situation - so I struggle to find alternatives.
I have had my Bianca since February. I have been using Crystal Geyser water and thank God I haven't had any issues. When you stop to consider the amount of machines that must have sold from when the problem was first reported to the amount of reports on this forum the issue does not seem to be particularly large. To me it sounds like a small percentage of customers were dealt with faulty sensors or wiring but I don't think it's the water as Jim had mentioned. If it were water alone I think the cases would have been more prevalent.

Calvind96

#116: Post by Calvind96 »

I am working with Jim on this issue as well, I am now installing the BWT filter system. Hopefully we figure out exactly what is going on.

hangry_barista

#117: Post by hangry_barista »

good luck...
ive tried Dist+TWW, poland spring, tap with the filter in place... same sh*t. i (like many others) don't think its the water, but its an easy excuse to make, since its a variable thats impossible to keep constant between users

Tony_zheng

#118: Post by Tony_zheng »

I have the same problem with my lelit bianca machine. I don't think it's the water problem. It was mentioned above that the water was accidentally distributed to the steam boiler due to the incorrect closing of the solenoid valve. Did I use the smart socket to control the coffee switch? Does anyone have a similar experience? Forgive me for my poor English :)

hangry_barista

#119: Post by hangry_barista »

i don't see how a smart plug would in any way affect the operation of the machine

yonika

#120: Post by yonika »

Hi,

I have a two weeks old Lelit Bianca which started showing this issue.

I read all 12 pages of this thread and couldn't find anyone who had the issue and reported if and how it was solved permanently.

After such a long time with issues reported - anyone with a clear solution ?

Please help,
Thanks.