Lelit Bianca - Broke my heart... Day zero failure.

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Kszmigie

#1: Post by Kszmigie »

Hi All,

I have purchased new Lelit Bianca to replace my 13yo old La Nuova Cuadra HX. It arrived just today, beautiful machine and my happiness was endless until I run it... Unfortunately after doing startup fill procedure for both boilers (almost full tank consumed, filtered with stock Lelit filter), only brew boiler started raising temperature until 203F/95C. I have waited 1h and even longer, turned off and on machine... no luck steam boiler pressure and temperature on LLC did not raise (well, it did raise eventually slowly a bit to 92F/33C most likely just from the heat inside the machine). In effect neither steam or hot water wands providing any water.
The brew boiler has warmed up properly initially, and I was able to pull one shot just fine (and quite delicious in cup, even this was very lousy prepared single !) However when I left the machine for 1-2 hours more also brew boiler temperature started deviating, even to 86C/194F...

Initially I though it could be steam boiler heating element is either disconnected or faulty.... but after I saw brew boiler deviating I started thinking that maybe LLC is to blame.

Anybody experienced anything similar? Any clues? Of course if need be I will send back machine to the dealer, but maybe there is still chance that something can be tweaked / fixed to avoid shipping? Beautiful Bianca has broke my heart! ;-)

And here's a vid showing the LLC readouts:
Many thanks!
Kuba

giboja

#2: Post by giboja »

Did you check steam boiler safety thermo switch? Maybe it needs reset..

This is for other Lelit machine but may help.
Disconnect from power before attempt to do it!!

https://support.clivecoffee.com/en/leli ... ety-switch

Kszmigie (original poster)

#3: Post by Kszmigie (original poster) »

Thank you, I will certainly check this .... wouldn't it power-off whole machine and not just one boiler though?
Any suggestion for reason of brew boiler temperature fluctuation? PID (advanced menu) settings are all at default factory values.

Prodigy

#4: Post by Prodigy »

Does the bianca have a toggle switch to turn off the steam boiler? I know my ecm does.

#5: Post by Kszmigie (original poster) »

Yes it does but the toggle is by default to make steam. Any anyway I tried in both settings, no change.

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

Kszmigie wrote:...wouldn't it power-off whole machine and not just one boiler though?
No, most double boiler espresso machines have a over-temperature switch that kills power to just the steam boiler if it overheats.
Prodigy wrote:Does the bianca have a toggle switch to turn off the steam boiler?
It's part of the programming options:

From Clive Coffee Lelit Bianca User Manual
Dan Kehn

giboja

#7: Post by giboja »

Any update? Did you manage to solve it?

Smo

#8: Post by Smo »

#9: Post by Kszmigie (original poster) »

I did contact the seller/service yesterday and they recommended sending back the machine for inspection. So I did not open it to fix steam boiler as its actually not my priority (I steam milk very infrequently) - and major issue is still something I need send back the machine - the brew boiler is stopping heating at random temp e.g. 54C, 69C, 84C and staying there. Thanks for asking!

When I make sure brew boiler is properly heated, the quality of coffee is outstanding, I must say I am stunned at the overall performance and features of Bianca compared to my HX La Nuova Era Cuadra... its not a step up, its 2-3 steps - just need to get problem sorted or exchanged to fully working model.

Cheers!
Kuba

#10: Post by Kszmigie (original poster) »

I owe you an update to my status. Sent back the machine (as the vendor suggested) and they found that LLC needs an update. I was pretty suspicious , as for a software engineer the symptoms were far too off just to be outdated software but the machine received back was fixed and working so far!
Thanks for all help, now I just need to learn how to get best out of it.
K.