Lelit Anita stopped working

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Mellops

#1: Post by Mellops »

Hi everyone,

unfortunately our lovely small Lelita Anita (PL042EMI) stopped working a few days ago.
We bought it less than 2 years ago and always used a filter. Since we live in Berlin where the water is crazy chalky I am not sure we changed it often enough though. We could send it in and hope that its a case for the guarantee but I rather just fix it myself since the shipping is annoying and I like repairing stuff but I need to figure out what exactly is the problem so maybe you can help we with this :)

When I switch on the machine the lights turn on and the grinder works correctly but it does not heat up nor does the pump start when I push the button for it. Does anyone have an idea what this could be? First I though its the pump but why doesnt it heat up then?

It would be great if you could help me identify the faulty part.

Greetings from Berlin,
Lucas

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

Doesn't Germany follow EU law where a 2 year warranty is standard? (provided you're a private person buying and not a company)

EU law give you a two-year guarantee for any new goods bought from a professional trader based in the EU. During this two-year period, the trader is responsible for any fault in the product - you must be able to use your sofa normally without any faults appearing.24 nov. 2021

I'd start at the supplier.
LMWDP #483

JRising
Team HB

#3: Post by JRising »

It's possible that the safety t-stats on that machine would disable the pump as well as the element on that machine (I don't know, I didn't even know Lelit made an Anita until I read this, I don't have documentation for it). But as others point out, if resetting the Safety T-Stat doesn't help, contact the retailer.

Alan Frew

#4: Post by Alan Frew »

1) Unplug the machine from the power.
2) Take off the top (you'll probably need to remove the plastic grinder hopper first.) There are 2 screws, one at the rear of the grinder, one at the front of the tank space.
3) Looking down at the brass boiler from the front, locate the rearmost of the 3 thermostats. It has a protruding red button.
4) Press the button in with the tip of a screwdriver. If it clicks in, your machine should work again.

Note that the resettable thermostat is there to provide protection against overheating the boiler, usually caused by leaving the steam switch on after frothing milk. This can cause damage to the heating element.

Alan

Mellops (original poster)

#5: Post by Mellops (original poster) »

Thank you so much everyone.

You guys where spot on. Thanks a lot Alan, due to your perfect description this was the easiest repair I ever did :D

I could have sent it in with the shop we bought it at but we did the classic mistake buying it online and then the whole shipping process would have been very annoying and we would have the risk that they would have said its our mistake and we would have paid.

This way was much better :)

Thanks a lot!