Lelit Anita PL042TEMD - not sure if damaged

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
anmkulwah

#1: Post by anmkulwah »

Hi,
I've been using a Delonghi EC680 for some time and recently went into the espresso rabit-hole. That's when I decided that it's time for a new hobby. As a first 'real' machine I've put my hands on Lelit Anita PL042TEMD which arrived today. I followed the instructions and did everything that was required before brewing the first coffee.
Here is the screenshot of the instructions:

I did everything as ordered and on the 11th step water came out of the group instead of the steam wand.
After that I've tried to make an espresso but water came out of everywhere instead of the portafilter.
When I try to steam milk and have the steam/hot water knob closed, steam is coming out from group and when I open the knob there is literally 0 pressure.

Here is my question:
did I miss something in setting up the machine or is it damaged? I'm completly lost right now and really demotivated because I was giga-excited :(

ragdoll serenade

#2: Post by ragdoll serenade »

Hi Ammah, I have an Anna TEM which looks to be pretty similar to your machine on the brew side. When you do the 9-10-11 steps in the set up, make sure the steam valve is open and because the boiler is empty initially, it may take several seconds for the water to come out the steam wand. It should come out the brewhead first and then when the boiler is full it will start to come out the steam wand.

Try this, put the switch in the hot water position and open the steam valve and start the pump. You should get water out the steam wand ONLY and not the brewhead. Let us know...

So when you tried to make a coffee and you say water came out everywhere, could you be more specific?

Also, it may be a good idea to call the company that sold the unit to you and go over some troubleshooting on the phone.

Rest assured, your unit, unless defective somehow, will make a nice coffee. Mine has been functioning daily for 4 years with no problems at all.