Latest La Marzocco GS3 firmware

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
bofalarz
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by bofalarz »

Hi there GS3 owners,

I was wondering has anyone updated their GS3 firmware ware that was released two days ago? Did they finally fix the temperature offset issue? Waiting to hear feedback.

Kickin|wiNg

#2: Post by Kickin|wiNg »

Tried installing but my app won't let me connect to my machine anymore, just shows Updating when I goto that machine. Been stuck there for an hour.

Tried unplugging and re-pairing, but same message.

sinkr

#3: Post by sinkr »

Linea Mini owner here. I just played "La Marzocco firmware upgrade roulette" today and lost. Went through the whole deal, got a failure, now I'm unable to access status, settings, auto on/off, or stats, but I still get the shot timer when pulling shots.

I didn't try re-pairing, but I did delete the app from my iPhone, power cycle the Linea, etc. all to no avail.

I emailed La Marzocco from inside the app, but don't expect a fix soon. This rings all too true from the big firmware upgrade over a year ago that was a debacle.

beans+crumble

#4: Post by beans+crumble »

Had the same failure message when updating my LMLM but just left it alone because I was busy with other things and eventually in about 30 minutes or so minutes it figured itself out and finished the gateway update. Then I updated the firmware which went smoothly. When I first got the gateway update error I messaged LM from within the app and they responded within 2 hours noting that they checked my machine and everything was updated and should be functioning... if not to reply back to them. So they are responsive from requests within the app.

sinkr

#5: Post by sinkr »

hmph, no response from LM, but your post prompted me to look at my app, which was responsive again. I decided to test fate and reapply the update and it finished within 2 minutes, so something changed, somewhere.

Jake_G
Team HB

#6: Post by Jake_G »

I updated no problem.

It was "just" a gateway update.

Temperature offset has been fixed for a while. Everything correlates nicely now.
LMWDP #704

SurJones

#7: Post by SurJones »

Im on 1.0.6 - I Didnt know you could update... I downloaded the home app, but how to I engage the machine to allow the connection to the app???? I see nothing the menu for pair to app???

beans+crumble

#8: Post by beans+crumble »

Maybe this video from LM Home will help you?

bofalarz (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by bofalarz (original poster) »

Whats your offset set at?

Kickin|wiNg

#10: Post by Kickin|wiNg »

Mine is still broken, it won't connect to the internet at all. I have an email chain with LM, but they cannot push the update without the GS3 being able to connect to the internet.

I can put it in connect mode and use BT to change the WiFi network through the app and I can see it connected on my router. I've also tried connecting it to a phone hotspot and assigning it DMZ host.

App just shows red and says "No Connection. You are connected to the machine, but the machine is not connected to the internet."