La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II steam leak noise coming from the top of the boiler- vacuum breaker?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Tothemax

#1: Post by Tothemax »

My Mini-Vivaldi II has developed a steam leak noise top boiler. it appears to be coming from the vacuum Breaker, although not 100% sure.

I took it apart and cleaned it. I noticed the o-ring in there was super dry and hard. Maybe the cause of the leak along with all the crud that was in there. I soaked it in some citric acid and also spun it a bit in my drill along some fine sandpaper. Would really like to replace this o-ring.

Pls does anybody have the part number for this O-ring? Do you know where to buy them ? should I replace the entire vacuum breaker ?

Noise seems to have resolved after the cleaning but would like to replace the o-ring still.

All advice welcome

Thanks

P

nahau

#2: Post by nahau »

Vacuum breaker o-rings are normally 007 size. You'd need to go with high temp silicon type available at places like McmasterCarr, normally red in color. However, rather than go that route, you might opt to change to a vacuum breaker that drains to the drip tray rather than that small cup. The Quickmills used to use the same type setup as your machine but now they changed to the upgraded version. You might talk to ChrisCoffee and ask if the newer vacuum breaker will work on your machine. They do handle La Spaziale so they would know. Of course if you don't want to deal with that, then just get a new o-ring... CC woould also know what the correct size is.

https://www.chriscoffee.com

rktcyntst

#3: Post by rktcyntst »

Tothemax wrote:My Mini-Vivaldi II has developed a steam leak noise top boiler. it appears to be coming from the vacuum Breaker, although not 100% sure.

I took it apart and cleaned it. I noticed the o-ring in there was super dry and hard. Maybe the cause of the leak along with all the crud that was in there. I soaked it in some citric acid and also spun it a bit in my drill along some fine sandpaper. Would really like to replace this o-ring.

Pls does anybody have the part number for this O-ring? Do you know where to buy them ? should I replace the entire vacuum breaker ?

Noise seems to have resolved after the cleaning but would like to replace the o-ring still.

All advice welcome

Thanks

P
Were you able to get the part number or ID of the O ring needed? Always good to have that referenced in case this ever comes up for your fellow S1 users in the future! Thanks.