La Spaziale Dream Boiler Not Heating

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
NikH

#1: Post by NikH »

Hi everyone,

I have a one month old La Spaziale DREAM. It has been working great until this morning. The boiler for the steam will not heat and the machine is not throwing an error code of any kind. I checked the settings and everything looks normal. The boiler temperature is set at 250 degrees. It is showing 136 degrees and basically zero pressure. Tried unplugging it as well with no change.

The espresso group is working normally.

I intend to call Chris Coffee tomorrow but just thought I would check to see if anyone here has a quick idea of something I could check.

luvmy40

#2: Post by luvmy40 »

Not knowing anything about the La Spaz machines, I have to ask if it would give any kind of indication if the steam boiler isn't full, or if the sensor is faulty and the controller thinks the steam boiler is empty?

Fusible link in the steam heater power feed?

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
BaristaBoy E61

#3: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Is there a separate power switch for the Steam Boiler that might have gotten switched Off?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

NikH (original poster)

#4: Post by NikH (original poster) »

There is a safety cut off switch...Really not a fan that this thing has an issue at one month old

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Is there a separate power switch for the Steam Boiler that might have gotten switched Off?
The steam boiler can be turned off/on by pushing one of the buttons.
LMWDP 267

NikH (original poster)

#6: Post by NikH (original poster) »

You and me both.

I hear there is a reset switch but manual doesn't show you a picture or provide any location information.

The last thing I want to do is to make this apart...they can take it back

goodboyr

#7: Post by goodboyr »

The safety switch is on top of the boiler. It has a little red button to depress to reset.

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
NikH (original poster)

#8: Post by NikH (original poster) »

What a nightmare

Called the dealer who connected me to a tech and said it is the temp sensor gone bad. I asked him how he knew that and why the voltage across the heating element at the top of the boiler wasn't measuring 115 VAC? He said he couldn't comment on that but he had repaired these machines for a while and it was the temp sensor.

He sent a new one which I installed and it did nothing. Still getting a boiler failure.

Told them to take back the machine...I want no part of it.

We have a call in the morning. Based on what I know about the old model, it is a relay issue or a control board issue. Neither of which I intend to repair. Being that this is a month old, I expect them to replace the machine with a new one versus a repair.

We shall see