La San Marco 95 PRACT E plastic 'injector w/nozzle?'

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Tio Tom

#1: Post by Tio Tom »

I am trying to bring a 2001 La San Marco 95 PRACT E back to life. I have worked on another identical machine in the past but I don't know the year of production. I also have a 2 group 85 Sprint E that I am also currently working on. Both the previous 95 and the current 85 have the vertical copper tube in the brew head with a nozzle on the top. Today I opened the top of the group of the 'new' 95 and there is a open plastic tube in there with no nozzle. When I looked on line at a couple of sites for parts I found a listing for a plastic tube with no nozzle, one with a nozzle and another which showed what I have seen in the other machines the copper tube with the nozzle at the top. My leaning is to get rid of the plastic tube and replace it with the copper. Can someone with some experience please comment on this? I don't see how going with the copper tube would hinder the operation of the machine. Thank you very much.

Tio Tom (original poster)

#2: Post by Tio Tom (original poster) »

UPDATE: In later models LSM moved the location of the orifice from the interior of the group head to a 'tee' fitting on the flowmeter. This enables very easy access to clean or change the orifice. Previously you had to remove the huge 30mm nut from the compression fitting on the top of the group. Thus the 'injector' tube which is still inside the head does not have any orifice. The only supplier where I found the orifice was CafeParts. Somehow the previous owner of the machine had broken the lower half of the 'insert' off. I hope this helps someone with the same question that I had.