La San Marco 75 Export restore diary. - Page 6

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
RuiReis (original poster)

#51: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

samuellaw178 wrote:That looks amazing, congratulations! Now you need to post some shot videos to make us drool even more!

Thank you!
One day i will, let me get the tamper first.

Rui

truemagellen

#52: Post by truemagellen »

yakster wrote:Looks great. Too bad you won't be seeing much of the fancy back of the machine where it's located.
Place a framed mirror back there

#53: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

Paolo wrote:What a beautiful machine!

Kudos to you for executing such a wonderful restoration!
Thank you! I think it has a great design.

#54: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

truemagellen wrote:This is one of the top LSM rebuilds I've seen. You restored a machine that will be passed on to your children's children. Bravo!
Thank you sir the support and the kind words in this resto!!! This success is also due to persons like you, a big thank you!

Rui

#55: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

yakster wrote:Looks great. Too bad you won't be seeing much of the fancy back of the machine where it's located.
Thank you! I don't have any other option.
truemagellen wrote:Place a framed mirror back there
I'm shallow but not that much!!! :D

Paul_Pratt

#56: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Great job on a great machine, one of the all time classics. I have the same machine but the condition is a joke, I bought for the challenge and because they are very special.

The main outer panel on mine is completely rusted through in some places so I will have to sort it out. I have seen some exports with the heating elements from the bottom. The pressure gauge also seems to have no official gauge, some face straight, some upwards etc.

I managed to find the missing parts to the safety valve, they were scattered around the machine and some had dropped into the boiler. My safety valve top section has a teflon seat which is a luxury for those type of valves.

I also have the standard 75 1group and it is huuuuuuge. I can measure but I would say it is at least twice as wide as the export.

#57: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

Paul_Pratt wrote:Great job on a great machine, one of the all time classics. I have the same machine but the condition is a joke, I bought for the challenge and because they are very special.
Thank you very much Paul, a compliment from you have a special flavour!!! The Espresso Machine Restoration site is frequently visited and i have learned a lot there... so thank you again for sharing your knowledge!!
I'm sure the challenge will be a kind of short, it looks a bit dirty but perfectly in reach of your skills.
The main outer panel on mine is completely rusted through in some places so I will have to sort it out. I have seen some exports with the heating elements from the bottom. The pressure gauge also seems to have no official gauge, some face straight, some upwards etc.
I have also seen some with the bottom heating elements, mine have them in the top like yours. They are a 1000W ones.
I searched a lot and i also didn't achieved a final conclusion about the gauges, some have a white fascia, some a black one. Mine, when i bought it, came with one with the visor upward but i'm sure it was a cheap aftermarket replacement as it was a 10bar and well... it looked cheap.
I managed to find the missing parts to the safety valve, they were scattered around the machine and some had dropped into the boiler. My safety valve top section has a teflon seat which is a luxury for those type of valves.

I also have the standard 75 1group and it is huuuuuuge. I can measure but I would say it is at least twice as wide as the export.
No, mine didn't have any teflon seat, just a plain metal to metal. Although i like, and keep it initially because of that, its aesthetics i will take it off and put a modern one as it doens't makes a perfect seal.

Don't need to say if you need something i might help...just shout please!!!

Rui