La San Marco 75 Export restore diary. - Page 5

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
RuiReis (original poster)

#41: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

Hi!!

This restoration keeps going, the parts i'm waiting are finally in transit and i expect them next week. Right now that's all i can do, i need them to mount the lever group.
I had a minor/major fright, time will tell, with the glass level... It wasn't secure when i was fasting it rotated and i chipped it in a extremity... Iuckly i'm safe for now but i will need to replace it in the future.

Rui

truemagellen

#42: Post by truemagellen »

Incredible work!

Advertisement

#43: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

Thank's!!! 8)
You are kind and it's only possible because of you guys!! I have found an already answered question for almost any of mine.

#44: Post by RuiReis (original poster) »

Hi.

I have already finished the resto!!! I have been drinking coffee from it in the last 15 days and i have to say it was worth all the time spent on it... It's delicious.

Although not having yet a proper tamper i found very easy to extract good espressos from it once i managed the grinder coarseness.

Presently i can only manage to take doubles because my 7 grams filter hits the sleeve and blocks the portafilter attachment. I already ordered other 7gr, this one has a groove and hoppefully it will give clearence to the cylinder sleeve...
My doubles are taken with a 26mm filter on wich i squeezze 15 grams of coffee. I don't measure the espressos extracted as i use coffee cups as the ones commercially used here and visually the coffee have the same volume.

The only issue it have is with the over pressure valve, it's a little noisy because it doesn't make a perfect seal and sometimes releases some water. I already have ordered a contemporany one and i will install too a temperature PID management.

The pressurestat, the machine part wich i fear most... functions perfectly. It isn't loud as i supposed and have a deadband of around 0.3bar. I have it sutting off the heater at 1bar.

I buyed coffee from a local. I tried a classic blend and it tastes great! I also bought an arábica bourbon from Rwanda and i start to know what you guys talk about... great stuff!

Here some photos from the first day!!!

Yes, i had the steam and the water tap switched, they are fine now... but i only noticed when i tried them :p

And i'm waiting this...
A gift from my father in law, i'm a good boy :D

So... Thank you guys, you helped a lot and such an inspiration!!!!!

Rui

redbone

#45: Post by redbone »

Looks great in and out congratulations. Machine looks contemporary.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

#46: Post by RuiReis (original poster) replying to redbone »

Thank you sir! My only credit is the colour, in my opinion helps to put it contemporary although the design is predominant in this matter.

Rui

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#47: Post by samuellaw178 »

That looks amazing, congratulations! Now you need to post some shot videos to make us drool even more!

Advertisement
Paolo

#48: Post by Paolo »

What a beautiful machine!

Kudos to you for executing such a wonderful restoration!

truemagellen

#49: Post by truemagellen »

This is one of the top LSM rebuilds I've seen. You restored a machine that will be passed on to your children's children. Bravo!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#50: Post by yakster »

Looks great. Too bad you won't be seeing much of the fancy back of the machine where it's located.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272