La San Marco 75 Export restore diary. - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
RuiReis

#21: Post by RuiReis »

Ready to the powder coating!!!!

Already have the chrome and inox parts being take care, so this restore keeps going! The cleaning is almost done and i'm double checking all the parts i need.

RuiReis

#22: Post by RuiReis »

Shiny parts!!!

Polishing feet gig! Sandpaper 125, 500, 1000 grit and steel wool!

RuiReis

#23: Post by RuiReis »

Moving again.....

:shock: :shock: bigggg fail :oops:

Well, i got from the mail some parts and i can now keep this restoration moving foward although with an unpleasant setback. I ordered a sirai membrane replacement kit and it doesn't fit.... Doubled and tripled checked all the parts minus this one...

I'm tempted ordering a PID kit and save some money but i don't know how the machine behaves with a presso and i don't have how to attach the probe internally... So... Does a K probe leaning in the outside copper can get trustworthy readings? What do you think about it?

Thanks

Rui

pizzaman383
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by pizzaman383 »

I use a surface mount thermocouple on the outside of my boiler as the input for my PID and it works well. I placed it near the middle of the boiler at the mid-point of the normal water level range.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

RuiReis

#25: Post by RuiReis » replying to pizzaman383 »

Thank you a lot for your input!!! Glad to know it works.

mohninme
Supporter

#26: Post by mohninme »

There are some quality surface mount thermocouples available out there but it will never be as accurate as one that is immersed in the boiler. You could use the pressure-stat location as the insertion point. Just need to be sure its of sufficient length to be immersed and likely a fancy fitting to adapt to the port.
Michael

RuiReis

#27: Post by RuiReis » replying to mohninme »

:mrgreen:
Thank you!! Food for my thoughts... Yes, i'm aware it wouldn't be as accurate and as an immersed one but if it works i will contemplate it as it won't be easy or cheap to put it inside. The presso location won't work as the copper tube is really thin and the probe won't pass trough.

RuiReis

#28: Post by RuiReis »

mohninme wrote:... You could use the pressure-stat location as the insertion point. Just need to be sure its of sufficient length to be immersed and likely a fancy fitting to adapt to the port.
I checked and the presso copper tube connects to a 5mm inner diameter tube with a elbow shaped curve near. I have to check the probe measure but i don't think it pass trough...

truemagellen

#29: Post by truemagellen »

Yes PID it. You won't regret it just for the silence alone. The ease of adjustment is nice for different beans too.

RuiReis

#30: Post by RuiReis » replying to truemagellen »

Thank you!!
I think i found a way how to have the probe reading boiler water temperature...if i can get an extension to attach in the thread visible in the last photo i could attach then the thermocouple into. The reading spot wouldn't be perfect but it might be better than an exterior one.
I have to measure the thread, luckly it would be a regular one.