La Peppina trips out RCBO - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

If you fill it with water, turn it on and then plug it into a non RCBO outlet for an hour or three it will bake out any water, Just don't touch it once it's plugged in. Make sure it doesn't boil away the water. A picture of the loose piece would help answer the question if it might be a problem.

As an aside, when I looked up the specs on Eaton RCBOs, their minimum trip current seems to be 10ma which implies the resistance to ground would likely be 24,000 ohms or less, hard to imagine his meter would not measure that.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by yakster »

Good ideas, Ira.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

PedrO

#13: Post by PedrO »

You said it tripped (past tense) the RCBO. I guess it still does that each time you turn it on now? Just checking :lol:

My Aurora would trip the RCBO if it was on for some time with an empty boiler. It was a great protection mechanism, until it failed eventually. I imagined when getting a certain temperature the heating spiral inside the element expanded a bit an just touched the grounded copper outside of the element. But that would be very hard to check.
Does it trip the RCBO immediately after turning it on or after heating up for a few minutes?

JimRash (original poster)

#14: Post by JimRash (original poster) »

Hi, Chris,
I just wanted to confirm that I got the Peppina working.
I used an air gun to warm up the workings, I didn't want to take it apart and put it in the oven.
Now working fine, thanks for your help.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster replying to JimRash »

Outstanding, that's a great idea using a heat gun on the La Peppina element in situ.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272