La Pavoni Concorso 1 Group Restoration - Page 6

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
kitt (original poster)

#51: Post by kitt (original poster) »

OK, here's some mostly finished pics, hard to get good pics with so many shiny reflective surfaces;

TomC
Team HB

#52: Post by TomC »

That thing is amazing looking! Very flashy.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

orphanespresso

#53: Post by orphanespresso »

Now THAT is beautiful! And surely a prideful accomplishment as well...nice work and a lot of it. You picked an excellent machine to put so much time and $$$$$$ in to as you likely now have the best example of this rare beauty in the world!

Clint Orchuk

#54: Post by Clint Orchuk »

Hot damn! That's the nicest restoration I've ever seen. Congratulations Kitt.

peacecup

#55: Post by peacecup »

Well, now I have a second reason to visit Nelson (I have a work colleague there). A rare treasure duly restored.

Of course, it's the cup that counts in the end, so I'm glad you got that part sorted out. The hole in the puck is something I've seen on my home lever machine, and I think it does come from unequal pressure. In my case lowering the pstat solved it.

Pc
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

kitt (original poster)

#56: Post by kitt (original poster) »

Thanks everyone, i'm very happy with it.For me, it's a nice combination of new finishes for the 'wow' factor, and original parts/finishes as a reminder of its history/character.Every restorer has different levels of finish they work to, and i like to keep some of the original character of the machine if possible.I was lucky because this machine had a quiet life installed from new in a dentists house in Brighton (near Melbourne) Australia.It was then replaced in the 80's and i'd guess it was unused since then.
peacecup wrote:Of course, it's the cup that counts in the end, so I'm glad you got that part sorted out. The hole in the puck is something I've seen on my home lever machine, and I think it does come from unequal pressure. In my case lowering the pstat solved it.
Cheers Jack, i'd tried lots of things including lowering the pressurestat, pre-infusion etc.Re-aligning the piston finally solved it for me.

peacecup

#57: Post by peacecup »

this machine had a quiet life installed from new in a dentists house in Brighton
This explains a few things I've often wondered about. "Now...this won't hurt a bit..."

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

zeb

#58: Post by zeb »

Hello all

Mike, this is a great machine, and a great restoration, my congratulations artist :wink: