La Marzocco Linea Mini Water Drain Spout Broke

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
trunks235

#1: Post by trunks235 »

Hi all! I had to refill the water tank of my linea mini this evening and when I went to pull out the tank... a water spout fell on to the table. I was quite shocked by this and initially looked up at the main hot water spout but it was still perfectly intact. It seems it's another hot water spout that sends water out of the machine into the drip tray(potentially after a backflush? Sorry I am not savvy with the purpose). I added pics for you all here, but it seems to have been a faulty soldering job. Has anyone ever seen an issue like this before? Also wondering if I'm ok to continue using the machine until I get set up with a warranty service. Thanks!

sadbox

#2: Post by sadbox »

That's the exhaust port, I would be cautious about using the machine given that it could potentially dump water inside the machine at the end of shots / when you backflush. I'm not sure if there's a solid panel on the bottom of the LMLM at this point, maybe a current owner could chime in.

If that machine is under warranty I'd call up the vendor!
LMWDP #674

Jake_G
Team HB

#3: Post by Jake_G »

I'd get ahold of Chris or Dave regarding this, under warranty or not.

That is indeed the diffuser for the 3-way exhaust tube. I don't think there is any harm in using it as long as the tube still exits cleanly into the drain tray, but if it is making a mess, I agree to hold off on using the machine till you get the broken piece replaced.

From your photo and the diagram in the parts manual, it looks like the adapter, item 9 (L053/1) broke off inside of item 20 (L100/C.01). It may be more trouble than it's worth to get the broken piece out and easiest to replace both 9 and 20, but if the broken piece comes out easy, you can swap in a new adapter and be back in business.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by mgwolf »

Out of curiosity, how old is your LMLM?

trunks235 (original poster)

#5: Post by trunks235 (original poster) »

Jake_G wrote:I'd get ahold of Chris or Dave regarding this, under warranty or not.

That is indeed the diffuser for the 3-way exhaust tube. I don't think there is any harm in using it as long as the tube still exits cleanly into the drain tray, but if it is making a mess, I agree to hold off on using the machine till you get the broken piece replaced.

From your photo and the diagram in the parts manual, it looks like the adapter, item 9 (L053/1) broke off inside of item 20 (L100/C.01). It may be more trouble than it's worth to get the broken piece out and easiest to replace both 9 and 20, but if the broken piece comes out easy, you can swap in a new adapter and be back in business.

Cheers!

- Jake
Thanks a bunch! That's exactly what I suspected as well. Just a very odd break to see. I will give la Marzocco a call today and report back

trunks235 (original poster)

#6: Post by trunks235 (original poster) »

mgwolf wrote:Out of curiosity, how old is your LMLM?
Manufactured 06/2020. Still quite new

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by mgwolf »

Talk to Chris at LM Home in Seattle, or call whomever you bought it from. LM will service it at your home for the 2 year warranty period.

Apex1856

#8: Post by Apex1856 »

Holy moly, i had the same exact thing happen to me today and my machine is less than 5 weeks old.. wonder if this is some systemic issue.. weird that this happened.. what was the fix??

rktcyntst

#9: Post by rktcyntst replying to Apex1856 »

Wow. It could be a bad manufacturing run of that part from their supplier or improper install by assembly tech (over torque). Interesting that you both appear to have the same failure mode.

What was assembly date of your machine?

Apex1856

#10: Post by Apex1856 »

01/21