La Marzocco Linea Mini EMP Mod - Page 4

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
thecoffeefield

#31: Post by thecoffeefield »

You guys with these expensive mods are better off with a Flair 58 or some other dedicated lever with full control. This way you also have a backup machine in case the LMLM poops and needs to be out of commission. Just my 2 cents

Jake_G
Team HB

#32: Post by Jake_G » replying to thecoffeefield »

Everyone is better off with a manual lever...
LMWDP #704

dockoelboto (original poster)

#33: Post by dockoelboto (original poster) »

I've been very happy with my EMP mod. It unlocked the true potential of the lmlm. There are a lot of great ways to make espresso plus it is fun exploring what is possible. I'm sure the flair works great just not something I enjoy looking at daily. Just my take

Ypuh

#34: Post by Ypuh »

While I'm not interested in the moment, I really enjoy to see developments in this field. It opens up a whole new world in taste and increasing capabilities of the machine.

Might just give the Grafikus or this mod a chance once the stock machine gets boring. Indeed the LM does not excel at extracting lighter roasts, but I usually don't go much further than medium/medium-light and it kind of works. Also recently got into home-roasting and lighter roasts are still a bit out of reach for now, but it's good to know you can tweak/mod both sides of the extraction.
I don't want a Decent

thecoffeefield

#35: Post by thecoffeefield »

dockoelboto wrote:I've been very happy with my EMP mod. It unlocked the true potential of the lmlm. There are a lot of great ways to make espresso plus it is fun exploring what is possible. I'm sure the flair works great just not something I enjoy looking at daily. Just my take
There are plenty of gorgeous levers out there that will allow you to explore what's possible and also act as a back up machine. I mentioned the Flair as an example. Of course to each their own and I'm glad you like what you have. Enjoy!

Jake_G
Team HB

#36: Post by Jake_G »

I should clarify that my comment was meant as:
  • Tongue in cheek.
  • In addition to whatever other machine you have
Cheers! :wink:
LMWDP #704

dockoelboto (original poster)

#37: Post by dockoelboto (original poster) »

Part of the fun of espresso is exploring what is out there and trying new things. I have never owned or tried a lever machine, maybe that is where I should go in the future...

Always good to hear other perspectives and learn about different options.

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by Shawnaks5 »

thecoffeefield wrote:You guys with these expensive mods are better off with a Flair 58 or some other dedicated lever with full control. This way you also have a backup machine in case the LMLM poops and needs to be out of commission. Just my 2 cents
Good point. Fortunately my LMLM hasn't pooped yet :-). It's been really reliable. I do like the idea of having some sort of backup. I have had a Rok for a while now. I break it out from time to time and it produces some tasty espresso. It would be neat to have a Flair 58 as well. I've debated selling the Rok and buying the Flair.

thecoffeefield

#39: Post by thecoffeefield » replying to Shawnaks5 »

I did exactly that, I sold my ROK and bought a Flair 58. The tamper and baskets compatibility alone was worth it.

khaledsha

#40: Post by khaledsha »

Anyone tried to contact Rick from coffeemachinist recently? I tried the email and his Instagram but he didn't answer!!