La Marzocco Linea Mini - Bluetooth pressure gauge question

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
blondica73
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by blondica73 »

I've been using the Linea Mini for a few years and waiting for the EMP mod to upgrade it. I was trying to figure out if there are any wireless/Bluetooth pressure gauges I could install in the machine to graph the pressure profile on a tablet via an app during the shot. This would need to sit inside the machine; thus would need to withstand higher temperatures.

guiny

#2: Post by guiny »

There is the smart espresso profiler which is very useful but also very expensive.

https://www.naked-portafilter.com/smart ... -profiler/

Alternatively, I found also

https://transducersdirect.com/products/ ... ransducer/

I am not sure about working temperature. It seems to be about 60c.

Mesc81

#3: Post by Mesc81 »

blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

The challenge to ensure that they work inside the machine where the temperatures are high, not sure how high.

csanadymiklos

#5: Post by csanadymiklos »

Hey, Thank you for mentioning me. :) I'm Miklós, the human behind Pressensor. Feel free to ask questions. (alright, this sounds like a bot, but I'm really human) :D

guiny

#6: Post by guiny »

What is your relationship with the smart espresso profiler? The app seems to use the same historical data.

csanadymiklos

#7: Post by csanadymiklos »

Right, I get this question a lot, so I created a page about it.

https://pressensor.com/blogs/news/faq-w ... pressensor

Gábor and I started SEP together about 5 years ago. But last year we decided to part ways. We forked the app, which means that when we split up, we started developing our own versions.

You're right about the reference profiles, we were busy with developing and refining the app, and the profiles are really good, but I'll change the included profiles in the near future.

HB
Admin

#8: Post by HB »

csanadymiklos wrote:I'm Miklós, the human behind Pressensor. Feel free to ask questions.
Please review the site's Vendor participation in the forums. Answering a direct question from time-to-time isn't a problem, but if your posts slide into the realm of promotion, that's a problem.
Dan Kehn

csanadymiklos

#9: Post by csanadymiklos »

I don't mean to break the rules, sorry. Feel free to delete my post.

blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#10: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

csanadymiklos wrote:Hey, Thank you for mentioning me. :) I'm Miklós, the human behind Pressensor. Feel free to ask questions. (alright, this sounds like a bot, but I'm really human) :D
I'm looking for a pressure sensor that could plug into the Linea Mini, probably 1/8 or 1/4 connection, that would reside inside the machine, where it gets really hot.