La Marzocco FB70/Linea, no steam or hot water

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
JarinS1

#1: Post by JarinS1 »

Hi - first post on the site. I am relatively new to espresso and own a La Marzocco FB70 (Linea) 2-group. Everything has been fine up until last week when both the steam wands and hot water totally stopped (I.e., no water, no pressure). Both groups seem to be operating perfectly fine (I am not using them, I just know they were working when trying to troubleshoot at the time). The pump seems fine and both boilers are receiving water and heating up. I did smell something burning at the time so turned the machine off. It appears a cable near the CPU (right side of the machine) somehow touched the boiler but did not penetrate through the protective casing. It's not clear if this minor burn of the wire's protective casing is the issue or if this incident triggered something else. I am preparing to open a small cafe soon and would greatly appreciate any thoughts on how to resolve this issue!

Brew who

#2: Post by Brew who »

Check the thermal cut out on the top left side the steam boiler. Press the button on the top and if you feel it click- it has overheated and stopped power getting to the element.

Only other parts that might have failed are contactor, pressurestat or element. If you have a multimeter, it's an easy diagnosis.