Just finished my Bunnzilla aaaaand the switch stopped working. - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
zombiecoffee

#11: Post by zombiecoffee »

Google 4 pole switch for some new ones.
Home Depot has some in stock at my store.
You can basically wire the bag kill switch lines together. Cut the switch off and wire nut them. As long as they are connected, the power isn't "killed".
Double check the other electrical as well. There is a tiny breaker that may have popped if you get to the point and nothing is working.
It is underneath the little circle plug on the right side of your case.
As for switches...
I put mine under the face next to the bag chute so i can keep my hands down low where the beans come out and where the cleaning lever is.
Anyone can turn green beans brown...

Jofari

#12: Post by Jofari »

DejaEntendu wrote:Then I started noticing a very slight clicking sound as the burrs wound down, sort of like a baseball card in a bike tire sound, if that makes sense?
:(
I wouldn't worry about it. Mine works fine and it also makes this sound as it powers down. It seems like the switch is your problem.

DejaEntendu (original poster)

#13: Post by DejaEntendu (original poster) »

So to bypass the bag kill switch, the bag sensor switch was taken out and the two cables connecting to that switch were just directly connected.

Anywho, just ordered a new switch. I just hope the switch going bad isn't related to any of the modifications..

leftiesrule

#14: Post by leftiesrule »

Funny enough the same thing happened to me. While I haven't shortened my Bunn G3 yet, I took it apart to clean out a pound of old coffee in the base and the switch doesn't seem to work as it should on putting things back together. Using a voltmeter and testing for continuity I've concluded that the switch is toast.

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a non-OEM switch I can use to replace it? Somebody mentioned one from Home Depot?