Izzo Alex PID display replace old with new

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
jwill911

#1: Post by jwill911 »

Hi,
Has anyone else done this?
I purchased a replacement PID display / temperature control from Chris' Coffee. The old unit (9.3.00.57G 03) has an integrated relay where the new unit (9.3.0.01.13G02) has a separate outboard relay. It didn't come with any instruction, I called Chris' Coffee and they plan to send me some diagrams. Being a bit anxious and having been without my espresso machine for over a week I thought I'd post here in case someone has been there done that. The wiring is different, and I don't want to fry my new parts.
My main issue was the machine would no longer warm up and troubleshooting with Chris' Coffee they determined the boiler heating element was bad. I have the new one installed but wanted to wrap up the repair while the covers are off
Replacing the PID display was a secondary problem and only because the number segments are missing and it's getting difficult to read. Maybe I should put the old PID display back on and get the machine working and worry about the PID later.
If anyone has information they want to share or recommendations it would be well received.
Thanks,
John

jwill911 (original poster)

#2: Post by jwill911 (original poster) »

Hello,
I didn't get any replies. But I received images along with some verbiage detailing the wiring of the new PID controller. So I thought I'd share:
Microsoft one drive hope it works for you
[/url]https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=145EF75B ... =OneUp[url]

Regards,
John

mike01

#3: Post by mike01 »

Your link is not working for me. Did you complete the install of the new PID? If so, how did it go? I'm just curious in case the PID in my Duetto ever needs replacing.

Jaap-98

#4: Post by Jaap-98 »

would be great to see the wiring on the back of the PID. just replacing mine with an ECM one with shot timer but think i made a mistake with the 4 wires on the duetto 2 PID.

Many thanks.
(link not working)

Jaap-98

#5: Post by Jaap-98 »

I have now successfully resolved this and posted complete instructions here:

Alex Duetto II upgrade to ECM syncronica PID with shottimer