Izzo Alex Duetto dead in the water

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Bear007

#1: Post by Bear007 »

So my Duetto never turned on this morning, no PID, no pump, no boilers, only the switch light. I did open it up and saw that this switch labeled RL30 micro st appears to have been subjected to some heat. I've had this machine for over 10 years now and it has served me well,
I'd hate to lose it. I'm planning on calling Chris's on Monday but if anybody has any ideas?

Velomane

#2: Post by Velomane »

I had a Gicar fry on me once. I can't recall if it was my QM Andreja, or the subsequent Alex Duetto. What I do remember, though, is the $300 repair bill. Good luck, ten years is a good stretch.

jerbear00

#3: Post by jerbear00 »

Good luck. Chris coffee has always served me well.

Duetto has been good to me as well. Mine is over 10years if memory serves and still ticking

CSME9

#4: Post by CSME9 »

If it's the controller, search on the forum for JPBoyt he can repair, or sell you a rebuilt unit at reasonable costs .

BaristaBoy E61

#5: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Chris' Coffee service techs will have you making espresso again ASAP with all the support you will need. They are the BEST people to deal with!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Bear007 (original poster)

#6: Post by Bear007 (original poster) »

Thanks guys, I feel a little better now. I'm missing my morning shots.

#7: Post by Bear007 (original poster) »

So I did figure it out, small leak on my silicone hose.
I don't know how I didn't smell that one.

BaristaBoy E61

#8: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Are you sure it's from the silicone hose and not the heater element's green rubber gasket?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

#9: Post by Bear007 (original poster) »

No I'm not sure, I left off the cover to keep an eye on it. I believe what you looking at is the corrosion from the copper wires, the bottom gaskets are white on this machine but there is some corrosion on one of my boiler fittings that's what I'm worried about. My GFI should have gone off too, I'm going to have to replace that.

ira
Team HB

#10: Post by ira »

The GFI will only trigger if there is a path to ground and just because it looks like that, does not mean there is a path to ground.