Isomac Millennium Repair Brain-board

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
kcana

#1: Post by kcana »

Hi,

I have a Isomac Millennium machine I've been attempting to fix. I have nailed down the problem to the brainboard/electrical box and I ordered a replacement from www.coffeemachineparts.com.au. The Isomac Millennium machine I have, has the PRO.EL.IND PRAL3 box powering it, however Coffee Machine Parts sent me the Gicar RL30 board (Gicar RL30/1E-2C/F).

I have read online that the Gicar RL30 board works in the Isomac Millenium but I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light as to what goes where. The Gicar RL30 has less pins than the Proelind and I wanted to know where do the sensors for the Isomac Millenium go? I have the switch wired up as before in terms of the power cutting out when the tank is empty.

Any info would be great, thanks :D

homeburrero
Team HB

#2: Post by homeburrero »

There are different versions of Gicar RL30/1E-2C/F, so it might be helpful to post a pic of yours showing the diagram.

I think the 7 pin version of that Gicar is the most common. One example looks like this:

Note that one has a jumper with a piggyback connector between pins 2 and 8, so you only need to connect 6 wires to it. The F stands for Fase (aka phase, line, live, hot). SR (sonde rifirimento) is the boiler sensor ground wire, and SL (sonde livello) is to the boiler sensor probe. The N pin 1 is the neutral wire from the main power. The NO pins 9 and 10 go to the line side of the pump and to the line side of he boiler fill solenoid.

That controller pictured above is a bare bones autofiller and unlike the Pro.El.Ind and Giemme that you normally see for that machine lacks the relay and Resistenzia pin that shuts off the heater when water level is low, but it sounds like maybe you already have that covered.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

kcana (original poster)

#3: Post by kcana (original poster) »

Thank you homeburrero, I got it all wired up. These are the images of the boxes. I have figured out it is also my heating element that is faulty and I'll be replacing it asap :)