IMS screen installation - Dalla Corte (sp200 im)

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
lsegeorge

#1: Post by lsegeorge »

Greetings to the group.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

The ims screen for Dalla Corte comes as a pair (sp 200 im and spd 200 im).

The original screen was a single piece.

I cannot figure out if I should be installing both ims screens and if so how????

See pics of the original screen and the 2 ims replacements.

blzrfn

#2: Post by blzrfn »

Those look like the set I just installed on my La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi. Assuming that is the appropriate set for your machine (check with IMS) then the large screen goes closest to the brass block and the smaller screen goes over the larger one. Essentially the way you have them stacked in the last photo is correct, aligned using the group bolt obviously.

Denis

#3: Post by Denis »

Dalla corte has 54 mm original group dimension and a kit to convert it from 54 mm to 58 mm. Maybe the kit is for 54 and 58 mm groups to replace the original shower sieves.

lsegeorge (original poster)

#4: Post by lsegeorge (original poster) »

@ Denis this is not a conversion kit. Its a 54mm replacement/upgrade kit by ims.

@ blzrfn what you are saying makes sense in that the smaller one has to go on top as its the one that the bolt will push down (small enough whole).
Should I push the larger one so it fits snugly on the brass fitting? Currently the bezel of the larger screen will not fit around the brass fitting. How am I supposed to push it in so it doesn't bent/diss form? Did you manage to find any instructions or videos?

blzrfn

#5: Post by blzrfn replying to lsegeorge »

The larger screen fits perfectly on the La Spaziale block, I am not sure how that would work on the Dalla Corte, and then the smaller one is centered by the bolt. IMS' website lists three different shower screens for Dalla Corte machines. Assuming you have the right one(s) I would align the screens as mentioned previously and install the bolt loosely so that the block and screens are held in place then carefully align them by hand before tightening fully. Your best bet would be to e-mail IMS or your vendor directly to ensure you have the right screen(s) and then get installation tips.

Denis

#6: Post by Denis »

I didn't say it's a conversion kit. I told you it might be for a possible upgrade. Because ims doesn't know if you are using the 54 mm or the 58 mm on your machine. So they sell it both.

YarivK

#7: Post by YarivK »

I would just use the smaller one. At least that is what I did in my previous mini. I didn't see any difference at the time and went back to the usual screen.