High quality electric screwdriver recommendations? - Page 5

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#41: Post by drgary (original poster) »

That's my take too. It has a torque adjustment and a nice, bright light for the work area. Changing from pistol grip to straight line is done with a twisting motion. My unit in the Black Friday deal came with a carrying case, two batteries and a charger for less than the straight line version with one battery and charger and no case. It was bundled with a 45 piece bit and extender kit in a sturdy box for $14 more.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Blernsball

#42: Post by Blernsball »

If anyone else is looking for an electric screwdriver that can function well when you don't want/need a larger standard drill/driver with its big form favor, take a look at Vessel tools 220usb electric screwdriver. Vessel is a well regarded Japanese brand and it's a nicely made tool. Way better then most big box store electric screwdrivers. Lots of power. The only drawback i suppose is that the battery isn't replaceable. Charges by usb.

maximatica
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by maximatica »

drgary wrote:That's my take too. It has a torque adjustment and a nice, bright light for the work area. Changing from pistol grip to straight line is done with a twisting motion. My unit in the Black Friday deal came with a carrying case, two batteries and a charger for less than the straight line version with one battery and charger and no case. It was bundled with a 45 piece bit and extender kit in a sturdy box for $14 more.
Does anybody have a link to the site that had the BF deep deal?
Sometimes they have those again during DEC, and I can keep an eye out.

Thanks,

M./

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#44: Post by drgary (original poster) »

I bought mine on Amazon. I've used it for doing routine service on my Conti Prestina and like how it works.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#45: Post by JohnB. »

drgary wrote: I've used it for doing routine service on my Conti Prestina and like how it works.
I picked up a set of torx & allen bits for mine. Used it yesterday while doing some work on my wife's motorcycle.
LMWDP 267

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by mgrayson »

FWIW, I'm giving the Bosch a try. I have often felt the need for a shorter body and an offset attachment. Everything else I can do with a "home" Makita 18V set they used to sell cheap. White plastic, 2 half-height (and weight) 18V batteries, drill, impact driver, work light, and charger (in the official green color). The charger says the batteries are still good, as replacing them would cost as much as the original set (not uncommon economics of these things).