High quality electric screwdriver recommendations? - Page 4

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Graymatters

#31: Post by Graymatters »

JohnB. wrote:Milwaukee is just another old name owned by the Chinese (Techtronic Industries) these days.
JohnB. wrote:I picked up the DCF680N2 version with the adjustable handle today.
:?

LMWDP #726

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by JohnB. »

Dewalt tools have been made in China for years, no surprise there. Hilti has a plant there also which probably produces all of their tools now available at H-D. My comment about Milwaukee was aimed at the post lumping them together with Festool quality wise which is no longer the case.
LMWDP 267

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#33: Post by drgary (original poster) »

After seeing John's remark on the adjustable handle version, I saw that I can get the version with that handle plus their drill bits and a second batter for about the same price in a Black Friday deal, so I'm returning the straight line only version and getting that.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

stefano65
Sponsor

#34: Post by stefano65 »

Gary Hello,
I do not if this one came in consideration
but is one of the ones we have around I like the versatility of the handle
Milwaukee 2101-22 M4 1/4 Hex Screwdriver Kit W/2 Bat
ciao to both
Stefano
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

skink91

#35: Post by skink91 »

Ha. Well I suppose I should have figured this site would be no different with the "made in the USA" quality nonsense. Funny that your your phones, high-end grinders, and espresso machines don't get the same rules applied... but you do you.

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#36: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Hey everyone: Let's stay with recommendations for the screwdriver and not get sidetracked with an endless debate over buying products from China.
Gary
LMWDP#308

Randy G.

#37: Post by Randy G. »

I have mentioned that I am working for the US representative of a coffee roaster doing customer support as well as repairs. My 70+ year old hands and wrists are not what they use to be so based on this thread, today I bought the DEWALT 8V MAX Cordless Screwdriver Kit, Gyroscopic, 2 Batteries, Electric (DCF680N2). I only need it to remove smaller screws and the positive reviews and the function of this tool sounded ideal. The entire drill kit (with two batteries and kit bag) was just $80. It will only see light use so should be perfect for what I need.
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
* 22nd Anniversary 2000-2022 *

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by JohnB. »

I bought the same Dewalt kit as Randy at the same smoking black friday price yesterday and received it a few hours later. Played with it briefly this morning and no regrets so far. I really like the adjustable handle & the gyro engagement. A slight turn of the wrist in either direction gets it going. I love being able to change direction with a slight turn of the wrist instead of fishing for the forward/reverse button. As for power I was able to easily sink a 2" deck screw in a 2X4 with the torque setting on Max. That said this isn't the tool you'd grab if you were putting up a new wall or doing a major renovation. I have several variable speed impact drivers spread between my house & shop buildings for jobs like that. I bought this to use instead of a manual screwdriver for mechanical repairs & jobs in tight areas. As for durability time will tell but it come with a 3 year warranty if anything does go wrong.
LMWDP 267

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#39: Post by drgary (original poster) »

You're right about the smoking price! Mine is on the way.
Gary
LMWDP#308

Randy G.

#40: Post by Randy G. »

Got a chance to play with the Dewalt. It is a nice fill-in tool between a regular screwdriver and a drill-driver. Just over 1ft.lb. of torque but release the trigger and it becomes a manual screwdriver with plenty of force. Feels good in the hand and the so-called gyroscopic control of speed made it easy to remove and install a wall plate. Even comes with a holder which caries two bits of your choice on top of the motor, and the holder is removable. The conversion from straight to pistol is fast and easy, and the tool feels solid in either configuration.
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
* 22nd Anniversary 2000-2022 *