Help with La Pavoni Domus Bar electrical problem - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Seafoamgreen (original poster)

#11: Post by Seafoamgreen (original poster) »

Javierba wrote:Maybe is your three way valve dirty?
Thanks for you advice! Took it out and apart. Had it for descaling for an hour and cleaned what I could. I'm not sure if I can disassemble the parts further? When looking at instructional videos there seems to be a part with a spring that makes the valve open and close. Can't see that here.

Javierba

#12: Post by Javierba »

I'm not sure if I can disassemble the parts further? When looking at instructional videos there seems to be a part with a spring that makes the valve open and close. Can't see that here.
you are right, you can see in the photo the hex shape, you can take it apart and inside is the spring you mentioned.

I hope it helps!

JRising
Team HB

#13: Post by JRising »

Additionally, the hose that was leaking from that three-way down to the drip tray. Make sure it's not clogged. As Javierba points out, it's odd that there is that much water trapped in the heat exchange pipe waiting to boil off when you turn the machine up to steam temperature... It's like it's not draining out through the three-way to the drip tray. But it's not a leak, it's just trapped water boiling off.

#14: Post by Seafoamgreen (original poster) »

Javierba wrote:you are right, you can see in the photo the hex shape, you can take it apart and inside is the spring you mentioned.

I hope it helps!
Thanks, got it off and everything now cleaned! Looks like it's working better now. Just one little problem after assambling parts again, will write about it soon..

#15: Post by Seafoamgreen (original poster) »

JRising wrote:Additionally, the hose that was leaking from that three-way down to the drip tray. Make sure it's not clogged. As Javierba points out, it's odd that there is that much water trapped in the heat exchange pipe waiting to boil off when you turn the machine up to steam temperature... It's like it's not draining out through the three-way to the drip tray. But it's not a leak, it's just trapped water boiling off.
Yes, the hose was also very dirty. Now both the hose and parts from the three-way is cleaned and it look like it working better now. Only one problem, i've got leakage between the two parts in the picture below. There was no gasket between them from what I recall, but the parts seems to have traces of glue. Could this be right? Should I glue them again? I know the hex screw should be screwed to the opposite direction. Just hadnt done that when taking the photo..

ira
Team HB

#16: Post by ira »

Looks like pipe thread which probably needs Teflon tape or a food safe thread sealant.

Ira

Alan Frew

#17: Post by Alan Frew »

You have a leak in the copper pipe running through the middle of the boiler (either a cracked thread or you need a bit of teflon where it screws into the boiler base.)

Alan

#18: Post by Seafoamgreen (original poster) replying to Alan Frew »

I'm not sure, I replaced it with a new one as the old was broken when I took the boiler apart. I also put teflon on all the thread pipes where needed. Also had the three way valve, hose and pipes around that cleaned. But still water/steam is leaking out the group head when building up steam. Before cleaning the three way valve it stopped when the steam was ready but now it looks like it keeps leaking.

One thing I noticed when cleaning the three way valve was that maybe the nucleus was in bad shape. When I pulled it in it didn't always spring out again. Like it could get stucked when pulled in. Could this this possibly cause the leaking issue?

Javierba

#19: Post by Javierba »

If your three way valve is not closing properly it could leak water towards the group head, yes.

But from the symptoms you described would surprise me, since you said that it only leaks when heating up.
If it were stuck I would expect that you loose the pressure through the group head and the water would never heat up to the point in which the element would shut off.

Do you have any photos of the core?

With that said, you can find the olab three way valves very cheap in aliexpress

Javierba

#20: Post by Javierba »

Do you use a blind filter?

When you put the blind filter in your coffee Machine comes water through the drip hose from the three way valve as you turn off the pump?