Help with adding 2nd micro switch to La Marzocco Linea Mini - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#11: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

Thank you, Jake for your help. I installed the latest iteration of the paddle cam extension and it works like a charm. I think that I need to tie down the paddle cam extension with a wire tie as it jumps off the paddle sometimes.

While opening up the machine I noticed leaking from the temperature probe and see below.

Removed the probe hardware and look what I found

I also remember that a few weeks ago I had leaking around the brewhead while I was pulling coffee shots and remembered someone else having the same issue. I ended up using monster plumbing tape and re-attached it, all good now.

Jake_G
Team HB

#12: Post by Jake_G »

blondica73 wrote:Thank you, Jake for your help. I installed the latest iteration of the paddle cam extension and it works like a charm. I think that I need to tie down the paddle cam extension with a wire tie as it jumps off the paddle sometimes.
No problem at all; I'm happy to help.

Would a small latching feature on the back be helpful?
I can make the back stop wrap around a bit and add a snap-tab type of clasp if that would be better than a wire tie.

Also, while I'm sure it will be "fine". The extension for the upper switch looks delicate. I can bump that up a bit, too. But totally your call. It looks different in the flesh than on the screen. :)

blondica73 wrote:Removed the probe hardware and look what I found
Ew.

Glad you got that fixed.

What's your plumbing setup for the paddle?
Solenoid with Slayer valve? Line pressure?

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

blondica73 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by blondica73 (original poster) »

Jake_G wrote:No problem at all; I'm happy to help.

Would a small latching feature on the back be helpful?
I can make the back stop wrap around a bit and add a snap-tab type of clasp if that would be better than a wire tie.

Also, while I'm sure it will be "fine". The extension for the upper switch looks delicate. I can bump that up a bit, too. But totally your call. It looks different in the flesh than on the screen. :)
A small latching feature would definitely help. :-) Also the peg would benefit from being a little stronger and probably 0.5 mm closer to the edge.
Jake_G wrote:
What's your plumbing setup for the paddle?
Solenoid with Slayer valve? Line pressure?

Cheers!

- Jake
I built a bypass similar to the one seen here is post #15. However, I used a 110V solenoid connected in parallel to the brew switch.
La Marzocco Linea Mini shot timer, automatic backflushing and flow profiling mods

paddle middle - triggers both switches - 2 ml/s flow
paddle to the left - clears the new switch - full flow