Heating element for Rocket Espresso Cellini Premium Plus V2?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Chapai

#1: Post by Chapai »

any advice on where I can buy it in US and or part number?
is it 1200w 120v?

The espresso machine stops heating accidentally. Pump works. The green light is on.
Power on heating element 125v. resistance ~50Mohms. Look like it is dead, I assume it should be less than Kohms.

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

Welcome to H-B!

The resistance of the heating element should be on the order of ten Ohms, so it does sound like the element is open.

I found some parts diagrams on the Internet and it seems that the heating element and gasket are common across at least the V1 and V2. When you reach out to a supplier, I'd give them your serial number as it seems the parts diagram are keyed by it.

The numbers I found are:

C199901552 -- Element
C469900239 -- Gasket

Chris' Coffee shows the element on their website at $91. I've worked with them in the past and they've been very helpful. I'd replace the gasket as well. A good vendor should be able to confirm the part numbers prior to your ordering.

Getting those elements unthreaded can be a challenge with machines that have aged a few years, especially if there is scale involved. If it doesn't "come right out", a well-fitting socket is pretty much essential. There are various tricks people use ranging from heat/ice to an impact wrench. I'd start with the more gentle approaches first.

Chapai (original poster)

#3: Post by Chapai (original poster) »

Thanks. this the second problem would be - how to replace it. Find a proper wrench size etc., and do not damage a boiler.

ira
Team HB

#4: Post by ira »

An impact wrench and a proper socket is the correct answer. it will get it out without putting stress on the boiler. But not how you put it back in.

BaristaBoy E61

#5: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Jeff wrote:Chris' Coffee shows the element on their website at $91. I've worked with them in the past and they've been very helpful. I'd replace the gasket as well. A good vendor should be able to confirm the part numbers prior to your ordering.
Welcome to HB Rob.

I second this advice. Chris' Coffee has always been second to none for me.

My advice would be to also purchase the white Teflon gasket for these elements, GC35 or PL0980GR from Chris'Coffee.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/el ... eq=uniform

The other recommendations I have would be to purchase on Amazon a Sunex 246D ½-in drive 1-7/16-in DEEP Impact socket. The reason for the deep socket is to reduce the possibility of damage to the heater electrical leads by using a 'regular' socket. The deep socket has sufficient room for the electrical leads to not get damaged.

I would also advise purchasing a corded impact socket wrench (350lb/ft torque) so that if it's a tool that would be infrequently used, it will always work, no depleted weak/dead batteries.

The impact wrench will loosen the element in about ½-sec with no stress on anything.

"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Chapai (original poster)

#6: Post by Chapai (original poster) »

Thanks, for the advice. The deep sockets are exactly what I need.
I orderеd the parts (heater and gasket) and will report the progress and results.

Chapai (original poster)

#7: Post by Chapai (original poster) »

Ok, fixed.
The deep socket was a great idea, only in my case 30mm size hex. Also, the impact wrench IMHO was too powerful, so I decided not to risk it and use a manual clicking one. The Teflon gasket was reused as it was a proper size. The ordered one was far too large.
additionally replaced a head gasket E61 8.5mm, ordered from Seattle coffee gear, because the old one cracked over the years.

in 10 years just two issues: pump replaced and heater element + gasket + some tools purchased. Relatively easy to fix and better than shipping to service.

Thank you all for your advice and support

Chapai (original poster)

#8: Post by Chapai (original poster) »

One thing learned.
Head gasket (plastic ring) needs to be replaced from time to time. Better pressure and tighter contact with the basket and as a result better coffee.