Great Repair Experience with Hottop USA

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
KarlSchneider

#1: Post by KarlSchneider »

In September my 3 year old Hottop B2K+ stopped heating. Hottop USA suggested that I should replace the fusible link. I ordered one from them, installed it and while I had heat again I also had very loud metal on metal scraping noise. I assumed the problem was my extremely limited mechanical skills had re-assembled the machine incorrectly. Instead of trying to dis-assemble and re-assemble again I gave up and ordered a new Hottop B2K. I tried to sell the B2K+ here on HB but had no buyer (the sale post is no longer on the site). I decided to send the B2K+ to Hottop USA for repair. I sent it last week to them and it arrive there on Friday. On Saturday i received an email telling me I had not assembled the machine incorrectly. The metal scraping noise was due to a stripped motor gearbox. They installed a new motor and sent the machine back to me. It arrived one week after I had sent it. They also replaced, at my request, the heating element since they had the machine apart. I did the first roast on the refurbished machine today and it is as quiet and the new B2K I just bought.

Based on this experience I suggest that anyone who is not confident in their own mechanical skills should use Hottop's refurbishing service. I certainly will from now on. The experience with Hottop was as good as I have had with anyone since I started in 2002 and vastly netter than most others including other recent ones. Hottop's service was comparable with Stefano's.

I have decided to keep the old B2K+ and will try to sell the brand new B2K. Part of my problem with working on any espresso machine is my vision disability. The same disability makes the B2K+ with larger display numbers and knobs for adjusting rather than small buttons to push. significantly easier to operate than the B2K.
LMWDP # 008

chococar

#2: Post by chococar »

I've had great experience getting troubleshooting advice by email and quick shipment of parts I have ordered.