Gifted a broken Rocket Appartmento - Help Requested

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
TomMunk

#1: Post by TomMunk »

Ive had and loved my Gaggia Classic for over a year now and ive done some work on it and feel comfortable with it. A friend just gifted me a Appartmento and i feel overwhelmed. He had it in for a repair a few months back, I believe they replaced the controller board. It worked for a while for him but now its not heating. The pump comes on and water comes out the group head but its room temp.

I just got it in and have tested it and came to the same outcome. The pump comes on but no heated water. I reset the top two switches i could reach, one clicked and one did not click. Here is a video https://photos.app.goo.gl/BLVcexQ2bsEr5HrQ7
of it on, its making some sounds and i turn on the pump.

Any ideas on next troubleshooting tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

TomMunk (original poster)

#2: Post by TomMunk (original poster) »

Fiddled around some more and got both limiters to reset. Let it sit on and it seems to be working now!!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Nice upgrade!
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

If the safety thermostats were tripped, make sure that boiler if filling to the proper level. After it has been sitting cold, unplug it from the wall and disconnect the level sensor wire. Hold the wire on the surface of the boiler and turn the machine on. Lift the wire and the pump should activate. That will tell you the refill sequence is working. lf there is any doubt, when the machine is cold, remove the water level probe and make sure that it isn't scaled and that there is sufficient water in the boiler to cover the heating element if you can see it. The tip of the probe should be a bit wet.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

#5: Post by TomMunk (original poster) »

I will check this!! Thanks so much for the troubleshooting steps!

#6: Post by TomMunk (original poster) »

Thanks! It still feels wild that i fell into a Appartmento, ima do my best to get it back to tip top shape!

Giampiero

#7: Post by Giampiero »

Did you check if the reservoir low water detection system it's working properly?

JRising
Team HB

#8: Post by JRising »

In the photo, why is it sitting with the brew valve open? Allowing the brew circuit to evaporate will mean you have to refill it and displace all of the air, or it's just going to heat into thermosiphon stall.