Gaggia Tipo America 1960 2 Group Lever Rebuild - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
doctorespresso (original poster)

#21: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

I am rebuilding Vintage espresso machines on a constant basis, I am based in London U.K . I will try to post on a regular basis but I am seriously over worked. I post daily on facebook at Doctor Espresso , there is lots of interesting stuff to look at . If you can not find me on facebook use Doctorespresso.co.uk and use the link to facebook page.

Enjoy

Russ

Doctor Espresso

If you need any info just ask ,I have loads of bits for all sorts of machines or at least I can tell you what fits what.

#22: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b4ff9acb01

Two days work , I think this is the best way to keep everybody informed...

Thanks

Russ

Doctor Espresso

P.S Jonny Sent the pictures of the Conti Parts you need ....you just never know I go all over Europe looking for machines...

#23: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

Two days ago we were lucky to find this Gaggia Esportazione 2 group lever, we do need help so if anybody has parts let us know.

Regards

Russ

Doctor espresso

Richard057

#24: Post by Richard057 »

Hi there, can you give me any tips as to how to dismantle the group head? My one has started leaking around the large hex nut. Thanks in advance.

Richard

#25: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

Hi Richard seems you have the spanish head on your machine. If there are two huge hex bolts on top of the head that is what you have. Very easy job just undo the bolts and lift the assembly up and apart. You will see 3 v rings on the piston ...change them all , you might as well as you are there any way. Put the new v rings on, grease them and reassemble thats it.

#26: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

Hoping to put in the electrics this week and produce the first shot. Doctor Espresso is Exhibiting at Caffe Culture Expo at Olympia London U.K. We have a small stand but we hope to let people see what we have. Everybody will have on show their newest kit, we will have on show our oldest kit...lets see how we do.

Richard057

#27: Post by Richard057 »

Hi Doctor

re my visacremvx/ gaggia gx head. Yes you are correct, it is the spanish head with the 2 allen keys on top. Ive removed the entire assembly out of the head, but would also like to replace the spring or at least clean it up. I dont know how to separate the lever action pinion from the piston rack?? Are you able to offer any advice on how to dismantle this assembly?

Thanks for your earlier response.
Regards
Richard

#28: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

Morning Richard

First make sure the top nut is all the way down ,not tight just a little loose. take off the the lever , remove the bearing cover ,that is the one on the outside,not the one on the lever side. Now tap out the gear being careful not to damage the threads on the pin. Next just undo the top nut and it should wind out until the spring is loose. Regrease and put everything back the way you took it off.

If the spring is original should come a part easily ,if it has been modified you might have to compress the spring.

Thats it

Regards

Russ

Doctor Espresso

#29: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

Gaggia America on Expo ....Caffe Culture 2012 London and we are just starting...!

#30: Post by doctorespresso (original poster) »

Hopefully next week end this machine is going out to work again.

We have a Polo Party in central London U.K so should have lots of pretty people to get pictures with it..

And me of course " perks of the job" I knew there was a reason for all this hard work.