Gaggia Baby Twin not kicking on

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
bannerj

#1: Post by bannerj »

Awhile back I got on this forum for input on whether or not refurbing a Baby Twin was worth my energy:

Should we bother with this Gaggia Baby Twin?

I've cleaned out the boiler, the solenoid, replaced o rings, replaced the power switch, replaced both fuses on the steamer side and the boiler. The whole machine worked marvelously for almost a week. Then one day while using the manual operation, I hit the M button again to stop the machine and it wouldn't stop. I had to turn off the whole machine to get it to stop.

Once I turned it back on the whole set of buttons lights up. It appears to be heating water, but when I press any of the dosing buttons, the single, or double, or manual buttons, nothing happens. I don't think the electronics...the board is shot since it lights up.

Any thoughts what needs replacing now?

bannerj (original poster)

#2: Post by bannerj (original poster) »

hello!

Some folks were really helpful with last post. bumping this again to see if I can get any more help.

Maybe my situation above wasn't explained in a specific enough way.

I've thought of this a bit more:

a. if it's the solenoid valve wouldn't I still hear the pump try to fiction at least? Right now, I get no response at all when I press any of the buttons.

b. maybe it's possible that the control panel/electronic buttons could still light up and yet not actually be functional?

Thanks again for brianstorming w me.