Finding the right replacement heating element for La Pavoni Europiccola

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
ilikefood

#1: Post by ilikefood »

Hi!

I've been lurking here for a while and it's been a great wealth of information, so hoping I can get some help. I think I may have sadly burned the heating element of my Europiccola. Does that little bump look like a busted heating element to you all as well? If so, what should I be looking at for a replacement?

While one set of poles reads ~60Ohms, the other set reads ~9kOhms.

I tried removing the heating element but I'm a little confused. There's a collar/guard on it, and I haven't seen much info on heating elements like this. Is there a particular dual heating element I should be looking for? And do I need adapters and new bolts to make it fit?

eg something like this https://www.theespressoshop.co.uk/en/us ... -4041.aspx and https://www.theespressoshop.co.uk/en/La ... -2156.aspx

Or should I be trying to get a two prong and installing a pressure stat?

Thanks,
Dennis

Yotam

#2: Post by Yotam »

I haven't seen a HE with a collar like that before, but it should not matter for the replacement. The heating element seals against the lip of the boiler. TNew bolts are always a good Idea. The HE you posted the link to should work, same bolt pattern. If you want a 2 prong HE you will need a pressurestat, PS tube and to rewire the machine. The new SS HE also has a bolt to mount a resettable thermofuse, I would advise to install one, it will require minimal rewiring.

ilikefood (original poster)

#3: Post by ilikefood (original poster) replying to Yotam »

thanks! yeah, i ended up buying a SS HE. Didn't seem to make much sense to get a 2 prong, and seems like a bit of a downgrade heh.

and yep, was confused as well when i pulled it out and saw the collar. only other search i could find with a collar was this La Pavoni Pro Element Short- odd collar/shield on element