Faema Velox restoration

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
leozava
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by leozava »

Had this sitting around for a couple months, finally found some time to start working on it

Here it is ready for chrome, going to be about a month

Could really use some help with a couple parts, I don't think this is the original lever and I'd like to find an original.

leozava (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by leozava (original poster) »

Also, does anyone know if the "horny" faema tamper that nuova ricambi sells is the same as the one on my machine?

Supporter ♡

#3: Post by leozava (original poster) »

Parts should be back from chrome in a couple weeks. Just wondering if anyone could help me with ordering some parts from nuova ricambi..... Thanks

dmccallum

#4: Post by dmccallum »

Have you tried the German site? They sell to end consumers if its the B2B problem you have with most parts suppliers.

http://www.nuova-ricambi.de/shop/de/512808

Supporter ♡

#5: Post by leozava (original poster) »

Yes thank you for the reply. So there is no way of ordering from the us site if I am not a business??

dmccallum

#6: Post by dmccallum replying to leozava »

Can't comment specifically about the US site - I am UK based. I have however purchased direct from .de.

grog

#7: Post by grog »

I believe Vaneli's in CA can get Faema parts for you. At least that was the case a couple of years ago when I was rebuilding my Faemina. There are 3 Faema pages on their website, each with about 10 'sub-pages':

https://www.vanelis.com/Parts.cfm

edit: I just emailed them about a Faema part I need for another rebuild and they do indeed stock Faema parts, and can order whatever isn't in stock, directly from Faema.
LMWDP #514

doubleOsoul

#8: Post by doubleOsoul »

I see you're in Ontario. Where did you pick up this Velox?

Possepat

#9: Post by Possepat »

I missed one on Kijiji in Nova Scotia just as I was leaving Moka Pots and looking for another machine. When I had found out what it was it was already gone. :cry:
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365

Supporter ♡

#10: Post by leozava (original poster) »

Thanks grog, I'm going to go check out their site now.

I actually found it in Italy and it shipped to my sister in Rome. I brought it home last time I visited.

Can't wait to get it all done and mounted :D the chrome plater is taking longer than expected but he came highly recommended so I don't mind waiting