The Faema rebuild project - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
kaioslider

#21: Post by kaioslider »

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#22: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Worldman wrote:Sweet! This will be a "nice" home machine!

Is it 220v or 110v?

Len
220v, rotary pump, plumb in and out.
Dave Stephens

Advertisement
Team HB

#23: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

The machine is stripped to the frame.

I used some aircraft stripper to take the paint off. After a few hours of work I had an almost bare metal frame. The powder coater runs a 7 tank dip to strip, prep, condition. Then they plate it with an anti rust coating and powder coats it.

It should be ready for pickup Monday or Tuesday.
Dave Stephens

kaioslider

#24: Post by kaioslider »

So you're having it powered coated (so is that a painting method?) by someone else. Are you going to stick with red?

Team HB

#25: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Powder coating is a form of painting. Instead of a wet paint, a powder fine colored dust is applied. Think of it as printer toner, a very fine powder. The piece to be coated is given a positive or negative static charge; the powder is charged the opposite. Then when the powder is sprayed onto the metal, it is attracted and clings to the part to be painted (static cling). Then the piece is baked in an oven at around 375F. The heat fuses the powder into a very hard and durable finish.

The powder gets into every nook and cranny.

I could have any color I wanted, just as long as it was black. So I got black. With the stainless steel panels it should look good.
Dave Stephens

kaioslider

#26: Post by kaioslider »

Jeez, with all those color selections my head would have been swimming, great choice in the end. Last I heard black was the new black. Is it just re-assemble after this?

toots

#27: Post by toots »

Hi! Looks like a very nice project. A 2-group machine is somewhat too big for home use. I used to have a Faema-express 2group machine, also revised completely at home. But last week i changed it for a 1969 E-64 1group which is a bit smaller, and it has a manual group, not with electrovalve like yours. I have it up and running at the moment but still i need a motor with pump which was missing :-)
Keep in mind the gigleurs which are on both ends of the upper pipe that goes from coffeeboiler to group. The diameter of this group is very important. Some sellers change this gigleurs to smaller diameter for large cups. I believe original hole is 2mm. This is the way the temperature of the group is regulated by the thermosyphon loop. Mostly these machines are thrown away because calc. The injector inside the group can be cause the machine is running slow. So this hole must be checked. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. (i'm faema technician hihi)

Advertisement
barry

#28: Post by barry »

cannonfodder wrote:It should be ready for pickup Monday or Tuesday.

i like your buffing job!

btw, remember to remove the feet. they'll melt in the oven.

Team HB

#29: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

I took the feet off when I dropped it off.
Dave Stephens

Team HB

#30: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Not the best photo, took it with my phone, but here is the frame in powder coat.

Dave Stephens