Faema Marte restoration - Page 5

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Sander1981

#41: Post by Sander1981 »

Just one more picture I made this morning of a number of the smaller, but exposed, parts of the Marte:

Sander1981

#42: Post by Sander1981 » replying to Sander1981 »

Paul_Pratt

#43: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Great chrome. Once you get the boiler in you can relax and enjoy the rebuild stage.

Sander1981

#44: Post by Sander1981 »

The top assembly with the plexiglas reproduction by cafelat.

The chrome is like a mirror!

drgary
Team HB

#45: Post by drgary »

This is going to be eye-popping. The Marte is such a masterpiece and you're pulling out all of the stops.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Sander1981

#46: Post by Sander1981 »

drgary wrote:The Marte is such a masterpiece...
It is! I love the aesthetics of the Marte and although simple at first sight, it has some great features. I was just rebuilding the small lever on top of the group that allows or restricts hot water flow through the group (I guess...), and this to me is an example of how ingenuous they were.

Sander1981

#47: Post by Sander1981 »

It took me some time before I could start with the assembling. Because the original parts were all chrome, including the threads, I did not think to ask about the effect of the new layer of chrome. Because the chrome plating company adds such a thick layer, some of the parts didn't fit anymore or fitted too tight. I got some threading dices to remove the chrome from the threads on those that didn't fit as they should.

Today I made progress with rebuilding. I'll stop here as I'm still waiting for the welder to have had time to help me with the boiler flange I made, and I still need to work on some parts, such as the taps, electrics, and the list goes on!

And yes, my wife lets me rebuild the Marte in the living room :D

Sander1981

#48: Post by Sander1981 »

Today I bought a neon transformer because the original neon tube still works!

First I wired it outside of the Marte. On my smartphone pictures it doesn't look half as nice as in real life. It has a very warm orange/red shine.

I fixed the transformer to the bottom of the frame with a piece of wood in between, as per suggestion of the guy that sold me the transformer. He has a workshop for neon tubing and I went there initially to get him to make me a new tube before he told me it worked perfectly fine.

This is the colour of the back (or front...) part without the neon shine. This was made in my relatively dar cellar, I'll make better ones of the whole machine after it is completely finished.

drgary
Team HB

#49: Post by drgary »

:mrgreen:

Fabulous!!!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

mikel

#50: Post by mikel »

Sander1981 wrote: And yes, my wife lets me rebuild the Marte in the living room :D
Does she have a sister?

And thank you for spending the time to share your restoration with us. Love these threads!