Faema Marte Neon Light

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Bibibieber

#1: Post by Bibibieber »

Hello to everybody
I bought a pretty perfect restored Faema Marte about 15 years ago and now have a need to replace the ,original green, Neon tube.

Could anybody help me in finding a new one ...can be any other color...so red would be nice....or has any other idea how to replace the old system ???

My very old starter...or whatever you call it, seems to be from the 1950's and works fine

I am not a great technician , so any advise would be great

Can anybody help, please !!!

Thanx Thomas

cafeIKE
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by cafeIKE »

You could use 220V LEDs.

Wouldn't be stock, but should be easily adaptable

BTW, images of what you mean help us who've never seen the machine and don't know exactly what you're talking about.

Sander1981

#3: Post by Sander1981 »

I would look for any neon workshop in your vicinity. The only drawback is that modern tubes (as I've been told and shown by someone in the Netherlands that makes neon tubes) have larger tube endings, meaning a larger part from which no light emanates. As the Marte tube is vertical and short, a relatively short part that still emanates light will remain (think a cm or 2 less per side, as I recall, but It's been a while).

Giampiero

#4: Post by Giampiero »

Do you eventually tried to contact Enrico Maltoni in Italy?

Paul_Pratt

#5: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Sander1981 wrote:I would look for any neon workshop in your vicinity. The only drawback is that modern tubes (as I've been told and shown by someone in the Netherlands that makes neon tubes) have larger tube endings, meaning a larger part from which no light emanates. As the Marte tube is vertical and short, a relatively short part that still emanates light will remain (think a cm or 2 less per side, as I recall, but It's been a while).
Yes exactly. I had some made and the company only had the longer electrodes. Still looks good but if like me you want 100% factory it is annoying. I had some made fore my LSM Disco and picked them up last week, I will open them tomorrow and see how long the electrodes are.