Faema family

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Clueless1

#1: Post by Clueless1 »

I have an original Faema family ... brass boiler. I'm trying to revive it and need a steam pipe. I actually have a few options, as you can see from the attached picture, I have the stub that comes out of the valve and it seems that 1) a straight wand that screws on to the 5mm threads would work.

Alternatively, 2) the complete steam wand assembly (stub+pipe) ... the stub seems to sit in the valve with a screw-in locking pin and I I'm not sure what faema/other wands that connects that way?

Final choice would be 3) to replace the entire valve / pipe assembly though I have no idea what would make sense in terms of dimensions geometry?

Looking for a cost effective solution, does anybody know where I might find? Thanks

Clueless1 (original poster)

#2: Post by Clueless1 (original poster) »

...dont seem to be able to upload a pic

austinado16

#3: Post by austinado16 »

Just below the typing box, you'll see 2 tabs: one says, "Options" and the tab to the right of it says, "Images."

Click on the "Images" tab. You will than see an "Add Files" tab. Click on that.

If you're on your computer, that should open a window into your computer files, where you can search for, and double click on the photo you want. Doing so, will create a little "File name" box with the name of the photo (as it was saved on your computer) and to the right of that, is a tab that says, "Place inline." Prior to clicking the "place inline" tab, use your typing cursor and click where you want the photo to appear inside the text box, for example, below what you've written. Then click the "Place inline" tab and the "IMG" coding will appear in your text box.

You can hit the "Preview" button to see how it will look once you submit it, or simply hit the Submit button.

#4: Post by Clueless1 (original poster) »

Thanks.

I never would have found that without your help.

Here is a picture of the steam wand stub I have, removed from the valve and a picture of the whole thing in place.

austinado16

#5: Post by austinado16 »

Happy to help.

I'd recommend re-taking that 2nd photo, and maybe picking a better angle, or take more than one photo. The photo you've posted is extremely blurry and literally shows nothing.

#6: Post by Clueless1 (original poster) »

Thanks. Here are some pics of the valve without and with the stub.

austinado16

#7: Post by austinado16 »

Excellent photos!

I looked the machines up on google and youtube. They're really cool looking. I hope someone can help you with a solution.

JRising
Team HB

#8: Post by JRising »

That chromed brass tube was just about impossible to get ahold of back in 2011 in North America when Faema Toronto ran out.
I don't remember the tap size, but because the length needed to screw onto that swivelling stub is so much shorter than other tubes on machines that size, it can be made from other machine's wands. I have had to resort to cutting a Rancilio Silvia tube down to 6.5 cm and tapping the cut end to fit the threads of the swivelling piece.

allegedlybrewing

#9: Post by allegedlybrewing »

Another place to look would be mugshot_nyc (instagram) the uy who runs the account has beautifully refurbished a couple of faema families and has one for sale currently as well. He may not have the part you're looking for but he may be able to put you in contact with some who does as well as help with some questions you may have about the process.

He has some pretty stellar gear for sale if i do so say so myself.

hope this helps out

eric